Chapter 4: Beware of Dog

Chapter 4:

"You didn't have to come with me." I sat next to Josh in the back an enormous black van transporting all of the camera equipment Ricky, Josh and I out to the location of my final campaign shoot for Calvin Klein.

"I wanted to." He firmly responded as I crossed my legs in defiance of his over protective manner. "I wouldn't want you to feel pressured to take your clothes off again." His eyes glared in Ricky's direction discontented as he stretched out a hand to my leg giving it a squeeze as if to threaten Ricky through this action.

"Listen here Josh, I don't care what you say if I decide I want Charlotte to lose the shirt her shirt's coming off." Ricky confidently sniped at Josh knowing full well he was entirely in charge of the situation at hand.

"So what's my surprise?" I changed the subject noticing Josh clench his jaw as he formulated something hateful to strike up an argument with the young photographer.

"You'll be modeling with someone very special and I'm sure you'll love it but that's all I'll say." He drew a fake zipper across his lips with a sly grin left plastered across his features. "We're minutes away anyways." He reminded me forcing me to be patient about my impending surprise.

"Can I guess?" I forced the subject further more as a diversion from Josh and him getting into it again than curiosity by this particular point.

"Go for it." He held up a hand signaling for me to start guessing which I had to consider for a moment before coming up with the right names to guess.

"Justin Bieber." I blurted out the first name that seemed like an at all good idea only to be met with snickers from Ricky's side of the van.

"No my dear, try again." I felt Josh's hand tighten on my leg at Ricky endearing me with his words as he so often did. I took his hand gently in mine in attempts to calm him entwining our fingers together.

"One direction?" I shrugged raising my eyebrows knowing on some level that that had not been the right answer.

"I don't think I need to respond to that one." He shook his head laughing, "there are five of them you know."

"Four." I corrected him proud for having kept up with the news on current events concerning the Hollywood life.

"I almost forgot about that," Josh chimed in pleasantly for once giving me a reason to relax my shoulders as I held his hand in mine, "for once you know more about what's going on than I do."

"That's a change." I chuckled making circles in his hand with my thumb as I stared down at our interlocked fingers.

"When we met you didn't even know who I was." His soft kind voice sounded sweeter than usual in my ear after his seemingly constant aggression throughout this whole day.

"You thought I was going to lose my mind over you, it was actually quite funny," I brought my gaze up to lock with his and continued to smile remembering the day we had met in the airport. He had been wearing sunglasses and a baseball cap as he always did when going outside, even now he sat before me in his classic hat and glasses in hand and ready to wear. I remember my first impression of him had been that he was a tad bit on the self involved side perhaps even arrogant to say the least. My merely saying his name out loud had sent him into orbit and although I had once found his high level of self awareness mildly obnoxious it was understandable seeing as we had almost been mobbed by a group of hormone crazed young girls that day. Upon knowing him though I had found all of the self obsession I had judged him for was non existent and instead he had a certain craving for affection that was undeniable and perhaps the reason the two of us had found such beautiful love under the circumstances we were in. We were two people in the pursuit of affection that just so happened to fall into each other's good graces at the right time.