das. ba-dastoor

das. ba-dastoor 

Funny how both money and love can make you do things you never really want to

_

"I don't understand, what are you trying to say?"

Shyra was confused, more surprised and startled when I told her about my new hasty decision. At first she paused for the punchline, hoping that her always serious to be husband was trying to crack a joke but when she looked at my unfazed expressions, she sat up. 

"Shyra, you heard me."

"One month?" She shook her head, keeping the coffee mug aside and met my determined eyes. "Are you serious Ishaan? You want to get married in a month?" 

'Vachan dete hai, haste haste vida kar denge, mukhrenge nahi.'

After the conversation with Diya in the middle of nowhere, I realised how adamant she was about this. She will do what I want only if I would get married in a month and if not, then no money in this world would bring her back to that company. I also knew what her mother would do to her if she kept denying. I could not bear the pain she was going through, and physical abuse is something I would never tolerate on anyone.

Diya was still such a huge part of me, and maybe it was better to end this in a month, finish everything and start afresh.

That was when I decided that one month it is. Shyra was a sweet girl, well mannered and really profitable, and atleast she had enough wealth of her own, unlike Diya who had nothing. Honestly, Diya needed a reality check of who she was in comparison to all of us and what she could never be, but it was a reality that she still affected me so much.

I wanted to end these feelings I still held for her. I wanted to erase all these memories too, of us, of her and her naïve, fake and pretend face. Diya may not be rich, but she was a really good actress, for sure, because if she could pretend to love me and make me believe in her love, then she could do anything. 

People fall for her naïve look, her typical Indian dressing sense, her soft tone of speaking, her down to earth nature and her lovable smile.

But it was all fake, everything about it had an ulterior motive, something I was too stupid to see and fell for the girl everyone warned me about. My mother hated our friendship, she kept telling me how Diya was just being friends with me only because of my status and that she'd leave me when she'd get a richer prospective, my father told me to go easy with girls like her, use them for your benefit and leave when the time was right, my friends told me to ignore her, girls like her do not deserve to hang out with people like us.

Why did I not listen to anyone? I just ignored all of the comments, shaking my head at how bias they were and tried erasing the line of the rich and the poor, stepping down to her world and making the biggest mistake of my life.