⁺¹  fly 'till you find your way towards tomorrow

⊹⊱ 𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ⊰⊹
fly 'till you find
your way towards tomorrow

⠀⠀

THERE WAS ONE TIME SOMEONE ASKED CAMILO MADRIGAL who he was in love with, and it just so happened to make his day (not that it wasn't already a happy occasion). Almost everyone in town already knew the answer to such a question but having a chance to actually say it himself always leaves a smug grin on the shapeshifter's face.

He's not bragging. Really, he'd insist.

It's just... Do you know how long it took for him to get the girl?

He deserves an award for that.

But shhh, keep it a secret. Dolores would jab his ribs and Isabela would probably smack him with a cactus if they heard that, especially since every member of their family had their fair share of badgering him to just grow a pair and admit it. Not to mention, how in the end, his Corazón ended up beating him to it anyway.

(Details, schemetails.)

The point is they're together and he couldn't be any happier... except maybe today.

            It was four years since her sudden confession and his rather impulsive proposal. They're in their early twenties; twenty-three to be exact. And though, they've had both their ups and downs, what matters most right then was the way that they managed to carry through it all. Not to mention, it was easier doing so, considering that they've been best friends for as long as they could remember.

Anyway, the sky is blue and sunny thanks to his mother's bright mood. The Casita is bustling with people coming in and out, all busy with their respective tasks. Mirabel Madrigal can be spotted just outside their home when she spots a little girl amidst the sea of people.

She picks up Dolores' daughter out of habit, and her niece tilts her head curiously as she asks, "Tia Mirabel, what happen'?"

"It's your Tio Camilo's wedding day," Mirabel answers with a grin.

"What t'at, Tia?"

"It's when two people who love each other join together and start their own family."

And the child blinks twice before declaring, "I want t'at too."

"You want what?"

"Wedding!"

The woman blinks twice before erupting into laughter at the young child's response.

'Wait 'till Dolores hears about this,' she thinks, but instead, she focuses on the three-year-old in her arms, assuring the kid with a kiss on the forehead, "Well, someday you'll find your media naranja, princess."

"What t'at?" the toddler babbles.

"A half-orange. It's what you call someone you love, Chiquita."

"Who your orange?"

The question makes a smile creep up her lips, and she chuckles lightly at the familiarity of it.

Though, as heart-warming as their conversation was, it was cut short by the girl's mother who finds them outside their Casita.

"Mija?"

            Mirabel crouches down to let the girl run to Dolores, though as soon as she does, the kid might as well have jumped out of her arms.