Three.

Author's Note:

So, the screen of my laptop broke and that means that I don't have MY laptop for about two to three weeks. I don't remember where I was going with this chapter. So, this is what came out of frustration for losing over 600 words that I already had written for this. Sorry for the wait. 

He hasn't talked to me, at all, not even once, not even a text message, I haven't gotten one word in almost a week. I, I shouldn't have had that drink.

Everything that happened between us, it's all gone, because he refuses to talk to me. We're not even friends anymore; we don't talk, he doesn't show up randomly at the studio like he used to.

Ryan thinks that he's just unsure of how to act like nothing happened. But, something did happen, and I don't want to just pretend that it didn't.

Clearly, he does. And I'll just have to live with that.

Maybe this means that we're not meant to be, that everything I thought was wrong. I mean, in all the stories, the girl ends up with her best friend, so why does my story have to be any different?

Because the best friend doesn't agree to that type of ending.

"Congratulations, by the way. This is huge. Are you excited?" Ryan asks, her voice soft, her fingers gripping onto the letter from the Balitmore Gallery. "You've wanted this for the longest time. How many tickets do you get?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I comb my fingers through my hair, sighing softly. "I get a lot of tickets, like seven or eight."

It's every artist's dream to be invited to share their work in the Baltimore Gallery. For years, I've been trying to make a piece worthy of being nominated, and finally, I get in, and I don't even, I don't even care.

I always thought that I would have all of my friends with me, and that included Jack. Jack is supposed to be there with me, by my side, smiling and laughing, he's always been there when I thought of the future.

"Did they ask for a certain piece or are you choosing?" She's amazing. She's trying so hard to get my mind off of it, but she knows that I can't stop thinking about Jack. All she knows is that we haven't talked.

No one knows that we slept together.

Not even Ryan.

And it's killing me, keeping all of this in, trying to deal with it myself, but I can't tell anyone. Sleeping with him, though it was on accident, is the mistake I never wanted it to be.

I didn't think that he would ever react this way. Granted, we were both drunk, I don't, I didn't think that I was that gross that he would want to avoid me instead of dealing with it. I'm that repulsive to him.

He's so disgusted with himself because he slept with me that he doesn't want anything to do with me.

"I get to choose. Apparently they like everything." I want to be filled with pride and joy, to be happy about this, but I'm not. It hurts; I can't stop thinking about how he left before I woke up and how he's avoiding me like I have a contagious disease.

Really, it's like Alex all over again. I thought he wasn't like Alex - a jerk, an asshole, always seemingly out to make me feel like shit.

Alex would kill me and then he would kill Jack and then he would bring us back to life and kill us both at the same time. We haven't been done with each other long enough to even allow him to consider the fact that his best friend would sleep with me.

Holy shit, he's going to flip out, He's going to freak and I'm going to be murdered. He's going to make my life a living hell, more than he did when we were in high school.

Just, oh my, he can't, I know that he's trying, he's trying really hard to patch up our friendship, to remain friends, but he's going to hate me. This time, it will be my fault that something goes wrong, not his.

"DId something happen? You're not focusing on anything and you haven't been listening to a word I've been saying to you." Groaning, Ryan raises her eyebrows in frustration.

Shrugging my shoulders, I shake my head, not wanting to discuss this, just wanting to forget and pretend like nothing happened. He tried to make it seem like nothing happened - left before I woke up, didn't leave a note, walked out quietly - and I can pretend that it didn't happen either.

His shirt on my chair - what shirt? I don't remember seeing his shirt anywhere.

Don't worry, Jack. We didn't sleep together.

And I don't love you.

Just kidding.

But, I'll pretend.