Chapter 16 : Escape

Luna and her friends stood in silent. They read Ivy's journal. Ivy had written all her theories and experiences. The only thing missing was the story on her death. The only confirmation of her death were the words written by an outsider.

"She's dead ... really dead," said Cindy. Tears filled her eyes. She had always hoped for it to be lie or a dream. "This can't be real."

"Oh but it is," said Li Qi. "We have to face it. This shit's real." Li Qi felt scared. It was real. That was the scary part. What they thought were just stories were no longer stories.

"We have to get out of this school!" exclaimed Wendy in panic. She was feeling nervous. She felt as though someone maybe watching them. She reached for her phone in her pocket and started texting someone.

"Wendy what are you doing?" asked Chloe.

"Texting Natasha for help. She might be able to help us escape," said Wendy.

"Wait! What if it is a trap?" asked Luna. After what had happened. She started to feel suspicious of Natasha. The way a prefect was able to be friendly to them. It didn't make sense to her. "We don't know what the school wants. They are using us."

Wendy froze. She started to feel her eyes watered. She was scared. She wanted all this to stop. Luna noticed. "Okay listen up ... we may or may not be able to recover from this. But we have to stay strong for each other."

"Then what should we do?" asked Samantha. Luna thought for a moment.

"Get help from people who aren't mind controlled ... my parents," said Luna. She reached for her phone and started to text her mother and father. "For now, collect as many documents as you can as evidence when we expose the school."

Her friends nodded. Shi Qi opened her mouth to speak. "Split up. We can gather more information that way." Luna stood where she was as she typed away on her phone. The others were collecting useful files and documents to expose the school. Cindy found a plastic bag that they could use to carry the documents.

Luna was glued on explaining to her parents about the situation and how they needed help. Shi Qi suddenly stopped and spoke. "How to escape if we have ankle bracelets?"

At that moment everyone froze. They thought they were able to escape but completely forgot about the ankle bracelets. "Do you think acid and destroy them?" asked Luna. She didn't have any other ideas on her mind.

"It can ... but it will be risky if it hits our skin," said Samantha. "We need a different way to get rid of them."

"We need a plan. A plan to escape the school flawlessly," said Luna.

***

"Everyone got the plan?" asked Luna. The others nodded. They waited for a moment before Luna's phone buzzing as it received a notification of a message from her mother. "Alright then. Let's hope we can escape with no problem."

The friends had packed the documents and files. They were distributed between the seven of them. Each of them had either a bag or a plastic bag. Luna adjust the sling bag and nodded towards her friends. They were going to make their escape.

It was a spontaneous plan to escape. It was the only way they could ensure their safety from whatever the school was doing. The doors to Classroom 4 burst open as the seven friends started to jog away with the documents and files.

Despite it not being the end of the holiday yet. They were not going to take chances about the school being completely empty. They jogged along the corridor before reaching the stairs. They raced down the steps. Once they reached the first floor of the main school building, the group broke up.