Chapter 2

Huddled in the corner, knees brought up to her chest, and hands wrapped around herself, Jane sobs. She doesn't want to deal with the reality that is her life. She cries and cries until it feels like her eyes are all dried out.
Looking over at the clock she mutters to herself, "Shit! I'm going to be late!".
Quickly Jane dresses into her clothes for her first dance class, modern.
With her dance shoes in hand she pushes them into her dance bag.
She hurries down the stairs, grabs her car keys and runs out the door. She throws her dance bag into the passenger seat and steps on the pedal of her white Range Rover.
Pulling into the parking lot for her dance studio, barely making it to class on time, Jane yanks her dance bag and runs into the studio. She slips on her dance shoes and runs over to the door to her class. She stops as she gets to the door to compose herself. Jane pulls open the door to see everybody just start stretching.
Jane moves into sync with everybody's stretching to begin her class.
After sweaty classes of dance all day it's 9:00 and Jane is finally done for the day. She walks back to her Range Rover and twists her body around to back out. Pulling into her driveway, she sees her phone light up and immediately picks her phone up knowing who it is.
"Hey baby" Michael says over the phone.
"Hey Michael. Listen I'm going to have to take a rain check on tonight. It's really late, I'm really tired, gross and hungry, and have lots of homework to do." Jane retorts.
"Well I don't mind you being gross and I could certainly make your hunger go away," I can just hear his smirk on the other side of the phone, " and who cares about homework??".
"I do Michael! I need to maintain my gpa for NYU in the fall! Sorry baby, another time"
"Ok bye baby, love you"
"Love you too Michael" I say as I hang up the phone.
I walk into the bathroom, having already eaten dinner and take a shower. After I finish my homework I lay my head on my pillow at 2 am. Then I cry myself to sleep.