Night 34

-Kyle's P.O.V-

"Do you have the cake?" I ask Luke, scanning my eyes across the empty kitchen countertop.

"It's on the table in the living room," he yells from inside his bathroom.

It was a little after 10. Luke said they got off early, which is why Kaydan and he were able to get back and prepare in time for my parents' arrival. When Luke and I combine our type-A personalities, we are quite an effective duo.

"All I'm saying," he continues stepping out of his room wearing his suit, "is that Jasper has an unfair advantage because Kaleb knew they were coming tonight."

I prevent my mouth from falling open and rush over to him to tighten his bow tie. His black suit was very slimming and fit him perfectly. "You look very handsome," I say grinning widely.

He grabs my waist and pulls me into him. "Thanks. So do you."

"Luke, you are wrinkling our suits," I raise my hands to prevent any further damage.

He lets me go immediately. "My bad!" He reaches back out to level my tie.

They matched in color. My idea.

Kaleb and Jasper went over to Kaydan's apartment straight from Wayne's, so everyone was waiting on us. Kaydan also texted me about a guest he would be having over, but I decided not to ask about it. I had my own problems to worry about.

"Let's go! We have 30 minutes!" I call.

Luke grabs the cake off of the table and meets me at the front door.

"Do we have everything?" I question.

"I'm pretty sure," he answers surveying the inside before giving me a wink.

I retaliate by placing a quick kiss on his cheek, then open the door. As I walk out he pauses outside the door way. "What?"

"Are you sure you don't just want to stay in tonight?"

"And have my parents miss meeting "The Almighty Lucas John Matthews'?" I exaggerate utilizing my best jazz hands.

He smiles weakly at me. "Very funny."

"Come on," I take his hand in mine. "They will love you," I finish leading him to the car. I place the cake in my lap and buckle up, as he enters the driver's side.

The engine roars to life and I peek at Luke.

"Ready?" He asks with a slight grin.

"Only if you are," I breathe.

He puts the car into reverse then back into drive as the wheels hit the pavement. I watch his house in the mirror. The farther it gets, the less I remember what it looks like.

This is it...

Luke reaches over and grabs my hand. "I know what I forgot," he sighs.

I jump in my seat and look over at him panicked. "What? If we turn around right now we could-"

"The handcuffs," he groans.

I hit his shoulder. "You aren't funny!"

"Oh, so you can make jokes and I can't?" He argues.