5. Marriage Proposal.

***Rajnath's Pov.***

"So what do you say?" I ask Raghu, my best friend.

"I am surprised, but it is not a bad idea." Raghu says with a hesitation.

"Look, I will hide nothing from you. You know our past very well. How my own son almost ruined our lives. By the grace of god, I got Purvi out of this sick relationship. I got her divorced and made her my heir. Things are getting better too. Vedant is also coming out of his shell and is a very confident and loyal grandson. Mayra is still avoided because of her parents, even though she is the sweetest child in the world. But you know me and you know I will take care of Arya like my daughter. I really liked her for Vedant. She is loving, kind and very loyal towards her family. If she marries in our family, our family's fate would just change for the better. So what do you think?" I ask him.

"I saw Vedant and I know he is nothing like your son. He has gotten your, Meera bhabhi and Purvi's good upbringing. I trust your word enough. But I have to talk about this to my family. It would be my decision only but I have to tell them too. So I would need some time." Raghu says.

"Take as much time as you need. Even I have to tell my family about this." I say.

"Then we will discuss it with our family then fix a meeting later on. What do you say?" He asks.

"Perfect. If they like each other even a bit then we will marry them." I say.

"Yes." Raghu says with a smile then gives me a big hug.

***Arya's Pov.***

It has been a week since I discussed everything with Rajnath Dadu and Mayra. Mayra and I go shopping for the things we need as the painting will be done soon.

As we go to look after some work, I take Veer with me. Mayra is very good with kids as Veer really enjoys playing with her. I get busy with work as she looks after Veer with his nanny around them.

After coming home, Veer excitedly jumps in Shaurya bhai's arms and pats his cheeks. He is in a very happy mood today. We all have dinner then sit down in the living room for dessert and Nanu starts a conversation.

"So you remember my friend Rajnath, right Sarthak?" Nanu says to Mamu.

"Yes. Your bestest friend." Mamu says.

"He has a grandson, Vedant. Very polite and respectful towards others. I saw him today at their office." Nanu says.

"Yes. I heard from others that he is very good at dealing with new business. And in a very small time he has taken Mehra Company to new heights and that too after the major loss they faced some years ago. People are talking about his tactful approach in the business world a lot." Mamu praises Mr. Mehra. He must be good since my Mamu is praising him as he never even says a word about anyone.

"Yes, very good man too, he is. What do you think of him as your son-in-law?" Nanu says and I almost choke on my ice cream.

"Sorry but not interested." Parth says as he eats ice cream and Mami hits on his head.

"Not for you idiot. I am talking about Arya and Vedant." Nanu says as he glares at Parth.

"What?" Mamu says with wide eyes and everyone looks at Nanu.

"Yes. They are from our caste only and Vedant is a good family-oriented kind of boy. He respects his elders and is very polite " Nanu tells us.

"It is fine but wouldn't it be too soon to marry her. And you know their family's history." Nani asks with worry.