one hundred fifty and the epilogue ☹

IT'S BEEN 8 DAMN MONTHS I KNOW DONT L O o K AT M E

dON'T EVEN

NO
+

Nervous.

That's what he's feeling.

His eyes constantly darted from his phone to see the time then his surroundings, watching everyone else having the time of their lives while he sat alone in the farthest booth not really visible to anyone else at first glance. He poked at his fries as he waited, wondering if it'll ever happened.

Sure he's the one who asked to meet up. Undoubtedly, it sounded so fun and exciting at that time he typed his suggestion down. And yes, it took a lot of convincing for Luke to get out and meet him at McDonald's (they even tried skyping each other for the first time the other day but they only got to see each other for 5 seconds before the wifi, Luke had claimed, failed him).

But as he waited alone for almost 10 minutes already, he started to think if he'll ever come at all. He also started to wonder if whoever he was talking to on Ask.Fm wasn't who they really said they were. What if he was a catfish? What if the 'face' on skype was a brother or a friend? Since, well, they literally just had 5 seconds to see each other so Calum's not really sure. What if, after all that Calum assumed, the person was just another of the rare one who's so shit at usernames and of all the names they could've used had named their dog Molly?

Nonetheless, he still wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. Though he wonders why he he was even surprised when a few more minutes later, Luke walked through the entrance of McDonald's wearing all black and a beanie. And why he wonders why he's surprised when he saw Luke's shirt has Snoopy on it. Albeit he never questioned as to why he's surprised when Luke, for some reason, instantly knew where he was seated at first glance.

+

"You'd think you would want to dress your best when you finally meet an internet friend."

"You'd think you would realize by now that I ain't listening to your shit, Irwin."

The sight of the blond with the famous beagle on his chest was enough to convince Calum that this guy is really luke_is_a_penguin  from ask.fm and instagram and drfluke from twitter. Damn, he looks better in real life, Calum thought fleetingly as Luke gave him a small wave. He motioned him forward, seeing the lad hesitate at the door and unsure of what to do. Calum kind of guessed that, since he also didn't know what to do, and he bet they both have the same looks on their faces.

"You look a lot different from your pictures," Calum instantly commented as soon as Luke approached him. The blond stopped mid tracks at this statement, not knowing how he should react to this. Calum saw how he stopped and quickly sputtered, "I meant that in a good way."

Luke slowly nodded as he sat at the booth across from him, shyly taking one piece of fry when Calum offered him some. It somehow, in a sense, affected Calum too since he was suddenly not sure if he wants to eat more fries. It's not because Luke made him lose his appetite, it's just because Calum was worried he might make Luke uncomfortable by accidentally being too perky and too loud. So they sat in silence, unsure of what to say or what to do.

Calum glanced down at his lap, seeing his phone. He looks up at Luke who was staring out the window with what seemed to be an embarassed look on his face as he chewed on the fries. He pursed his lips and looked back down at his phone, quietly unlocking it to get to the app that'll probably help them both.

'Q: are the fries good enough or are they too soggy?' He typed in, and sent it with the 'fab emoticon' the blond entrusted him with and a small grin on his own face. He looked up at Luke when he heard a vibration, seeing Luke look down at his lap as well with a surprised look on his face. He glanced at Calum then saw his grin, and he grinned as well for the sake of it as he unlocked his own phone. A small chuckle left his lips as he saw the question.