Chapter Six

Towards the end of Dylan's 7th grade year, her school attendance hit progressively worse, as well as her grades.
Since Dylan was in third grade, she'd always gotta straight A's. So when her attendance slipped, her grades followed.
When Dylan would skip school, it was only on her moms weeks. She wasn't quite sure why that was, but that's just what happened.
On her weeks that were supposed to be with her dad, she stayed at her aunt and uncles house.
There, Dylan had four cousins who she loved. From oldest to youngest there was Matt, James, Bailey, and Andrea.
Bailey and Andrea were Dylan's best friends. She could not live without them.
Dylan and James weren't very close but they were still pretty good friends.
Now her and Matt, they were a different story. Matt was always mean to Dylan. Whenever it was just Dylan and Matt home, Matt would be so mean to her, but nobody knew. He'd be so mean that she'd run away.
She'd run away to Matt's old friend.
This friends name was Ryan and he wasn't a very good person, and he knew how to talk. He could talk his way into or out of anything at all.
Sadly, he talked his way into Dylan's mind, which made her trust him when she shouldn't have.