17| laser tag

~Alina~

We run home, change and head to the laser tag place. Reece and I wound up on opposite teams. After much debate we just decided to do girls vs boys.

"Ready," the announcer over the com said. "Blue Team. Red Team. TASER!"

I climbed a rock wall that led to a rope bridge. I could barely see, the only light source coming from our vests.

I crouched down behind a plastic rock. "Blue player 2... DEAD!" I was praying that wasn't Reece. I wanted to be the one to shoot him. A blue vest past by me.

I jumped out from behind my rock and shot who it was. "Blue player 4... DEAD!" Caspian turned around and looked at me.

"Sorry." I said walking off.

"Red player 1... DEAD!" Hali, I thought.

I snuck up behind another blue vest. And as I shot him another blast went off. Tucker was faced away from me but when he turned I could see Selene in front of him.

We air high-fived and Tucker walked away with his head down. "Blue player 1... DEAD!"

Selene started to walk towards me but was shot from the side. I ducked behind a wall and saw Reece step out. I don't think he saw me.

"Sorry, Selene." he said.

"Yeah, yeah." she said. I tried to wrack my brain for ideas. I didn't think I could jump out and shoot him before he saw me. "Red player 3... DEAD!" Aurora was still around her somewhere.

After Selene had walked off Reece walked right past my wall. That's when I yanked him into my corner. He raised his gun to my vest. "Don't shoot." I laughed.

"Why not?" he asked. "I could win this whole thing."

"You're right you could but then we wouldn't be able to do this." I grabbed the loop on his jeans and pulled him to me. He drops his gun, which is attached to his vest so it dangles at his hip.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kissed him. His hands are at my waist and trailing up under my shirt. His fingers are cold against my skin.

I turn around so his back is pressed against the wall. I break the kiss and back up a few steps. "Whats wrong?" he asks.

I raise my gun and shoot him. "Blue player 3... DEAD!" he looks from his vest to me. "RED TEAM IS VICTORIOUS!" the arena flashes red light.

His mouth hangs open. "You little cheater..."

I walk backwards towards the exit. "One thing you should know about me..." his gaze meets mine. "I'm hyper-competitive." I smile and walk out.

"Bad bitch energy right there." Hali says once we're headed back to our house.

"She cheated." Reece says still pouting.

"Aww poor baby lost." I said rubbing the back of my hand along his jawline. Reece shoved me away and then grabbed me back and leaned his head on my shoulder. "I think the best part was these pictures."

Unknown to us there was a camera in the arena. I bought three for my picture wall. Once of Reece and I kissing. Once of my shooting him. And one when he realized I had shot him.

"These are priceless." I said holding them up. Reece pointed to the one of us kissing.

"This one I like." he said.

A week after laser tag I got a call from Reece. It was six in the morning and I had Scouts for the Olympics coming to see me later in the afternoon.

We had seen each other throughout the week. I surprised him at one of his games and he'd come over to my dorm quite a lot.

Hali had slept over at her mystery boyfriends house and I was alone. I picked up and phone and pressed it to my ear. "Yes?" I said groggily. I rolled over and pulled the blanket up over my head.

"I'm outside." he said.

"Outside where?"

"Your dorm room." I lifted my head up and half expected him to be standing at my bedroom door.

"Oh you meant- Never mind I'm coming." I dropped my phone on the bed and shuffled to the door. I unlocked it and swung it open.

Reece was standing there, looking like an angel, holding a piece of paper. I squinted my eyes and saw a A-circled with a red marker. His history exam.

"Oh my god." I said hugging him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and bent his head into the crook of my neck. I pulled back go look at him. "Reece! Holy heck! That's amazing." he didn't have terrible grades but quite rarely he got an A.

He backed me into my dorm and shut the door with his foot. "I missed you." he said.

"I saw you last night." I laughed. He tightened his squeeze. "Can't breathe here."

He let me go. "Sorry." he said. He dropped his backpack on the table and emptied his pockets.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed two waters. I set them down on the counter and twisted the cap off mine. I caught Reece staring at me. "Yes?" I laughed taking a sip.

He walked over to me. I set the water bottle down and he brushed the hair back from my face. "It took them a while to grade your exam." I said after he didn't say anything.

He wrapped his arms around me and hoisted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist. "Mhm," was all he said.

He walked us into my bedroom and dropped me onto my bed. He fell down beside me and I climbed ontop of him.

I brushed the hair from his eyes and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead in between his eyebrows. He opened his eyes and looked up at me.

"You wanna sleep over?" he asked, his hands sitting on my waist.

"Cant. Scouts are tonight. I won't get home til... like 1 am."

"Aww man." he says pouting. I kiss him quickly on the lips.

"Why would I sleep over?" I asked innocently. He rolls over he intertwines our fingers. He presses our hands into the bed and kisses me like he might never be able to again.

"Come on Lina," he says in a raspy voice. "Don't make me spell it out for you. You know I want you..."

Reece has been super patient with me. He meant it when he said he wanted to take things slow. He hadn't pushed me to do anything I didn't want to. But I felt ready.

"You take me out on a real date first." he let go of my hands and propped himself up on his elbows, still hovering over me.

"Ok. We have a deal." He bend down and pressed his lips to mine.