Trust to the Truth

Heather- This is it. After getting dragged up several flights of stairs, we were on the roof. He was pulling me by my arm, as much as I tried to fight him off it was no use. He was stronger than me and he finally did what he meant to. The Joker pushed me off the building.

Robin (Tim)- I swing towards the building right before Joker was about to hurt Heather. I'm too late as he pushes her off. I land in front of him and roundhouse him down, and take a leap off the building after her. I'm not reaching her fast enough. I break out my grapple hook and swing catching her, and use my wings to fly her to safety. We safely land on the building. I kiss her before heading away to get the Joker.

Heather- My heart beats crazily as I suddenly believe love at first sight. I run back into his arms hoping he might feel the same way.

Robin (Tim)- I slowly turn away. "I can't. If we fall in love, then you fall into danger, I can't bear to hurt or lose you. Because I am something more, the silent guardian, the Red Knight.

Heather- "But I can help you. I can be your sidekick! You could train me, I would always be there for you, we could love each other..........."

Robin (Tim)- I hesitate.

Heather- I stare into his eyes that are covered, waiting for an answer............ waiting for a yes.

Robin (Tim)- Bruce always warned me of copying him... but could I really do it? I love her already, but yet I fear what might happen to her. She could end up like Barbara, paralysed in a wheelchair or worse like Jason, ending up getting blown up only to come back deadlier than ever. I look into her eyes thinking.... waiting for some word to come out of my mouth. Silence. The Robin chirped no more. I lean in and kiss her. "I love you... " I say. I also tell her that I will always be there for her. I suddenly think of how I can tell her that she can't join "The Family"..... or can I?

Heather- My mind explodes as he kisses me, I have been longing for this to happen, for someone to come along and sweep me off my feet. I slowly open my eyes, still kissing him. My heart stops instantly as I see the Joker approaching with a weapon. I grab Robin's arms and turn him into my spot as the Joker strikes, letting him hit me instead. I instantly fall.