Chapter 2

When the two pups reached Chase's puphouse, Chase showed Skye what she had done and pulled out a broken trophy he had won back in training.

"You see this?" He said as he pointed towards the broken trophy. "I won this back in training when I was training to be in the Police Force. Now it's broken in half. Thanks to you."

Skye looked at him sheepishly. "Hehe. I'm sorry?" She apologized. But the German Shepherd wasn't having it.

"Do you have any idea how much that trophy means to me?! I gave everything in me to earn that!" He scolded. The cockapoo looked at the ground shamefully.

"You know, I would tell Ryder on you, but I have a feeling that he's not going to give you a punishment that's not hard enough. So, I got a better idea. Come with me." He said sternly as they both exited the puphouse while Chase transformed his puphouse into his police cruiser and they both hopped in it.

"Where are we going?" Skye asked him nervously.

"I've been watching you avoid that gravel road everytime we get on it, I would like to know the reason why." He said as he put a shock collar on Skye, who looked really anxious now.

"I don't wanna talk about it." She quickly replied.

"Oh, is that so?" He said before pressing a button on the remote, which made the collar send a shock wave through the dog collar, which made Skye groan silently in pain.

"I want to know NOW." He said firmly.

"I'll never tell you." She protested with a hint of defiance in her tone. Chase only smirked at this and sent another shock to the collar, which made Skye wince and groan once more.

Skye opened her eyes defeatedly. "Fine. I'll tell you. Everytime we go down that gravel road and go by those H-frame transmission poles, my heart starts to race and my adrenaline goes haywire. Just please, don't do that again." She pleaded, hoping that she wouldn't get shocked for a third time.

Chase smiled triumphantly and faced the wheel and began to drive out of the lookout's driveway. Skye began to get more anxious.

"Where are we going?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." The German Shepherd replied with a smirk as the two pups traveled down the road and made their way towards the old gravel road. Skye began to hyperventilate as the police cruiser laid all four wheels onto the gravel road.

"Chase, what are you doing?" Skye quickly asked.

"I'm punishing you for breaking something that was valuable to me."

"Why couldn't Ryder do it?" She said anxiously as the cockapoo's eyes darted back and forth between the trees that surrounded the road.

"Because he would've just made you apologize to me and let it slide."

Wasn't long before they made a left and came to a stop. There up ahead was the head of the H-frame transmission pole. Skye's body was paralyzed with fear as Chase hopped out of his vehicle and made Skye get out with him. Then he made Skye walk in front of him just a few inches away. She walked slowly towards the open field and slowly gained confidence. But the confidence soon disappeared when she saw the tall structure up close and the line of wires going overhead connecting to other H-frame transmission structures. She turned away and faced backwards and ran into Chase and begged him to stop and turn around but the German Shepherd wasn't having it. Skye had already forgotten that she had the shock collar on her and Chase had the remote control in his mouth. He gave her a shock and Skye whined in pain and went backwards a bit while holding onto the collar while trying not to face the tall structure. They were now exposed to the line H-frame transmission poles. Chase saw this and rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"What are you afraid of?! It's just like any other telephone pole!" He said as he glanced to his left and followed the wires towards the next pole and what he saw next would make him eat his own words.

Even though it wasn't as close to the gravel road as the previous one they were next to, the sight of the tall structure and the loop of the wires sent chills down his spine and quickly looked away in fear. Skye was now on the verge of tears as Chase pulled her close in for a hug and stood there. They were both too scared to even move. The overhead wires were sitting right above them as the tall structure on Chase's left was standing close to the road, towering over the two pups.

"I'm not opening my eyes until Ryder comes to get us!" The cockapoo said fearfully.

"I'm sorry, Skye. I didn't know what you saw but now I do." The German Shepherd agreed.

The two pups stood there and refused to move from their spot and kept their eyes peeled onto the ground, refusing not to look up at the tall structure. Their adrenaline was rushing through their veins and started to think of a way to get behind some trees to make the rest of the structures look invisible.

"Chase, what do we do?" Skye asked in a shaky tone.

"I guess we'll stay here until help arrives." Chase replied.

"What? No one even knows that we're here! We came here unsolicited!"

"You know, I'd rather tell Ryder you broke my trophy and let him punish you instead of coming out here."

"Same here."

Just then, they heard a familiar noise. They looked at each other and then looked up the road to find Mayor Humdinger traveling down the road on his kitty mobile going the opposite direction. They let out a relieved sigh and quickly separated while keeping their eyes glued to the ground. The Mayor grew an evil smirk on his face as he spotted the two pups up ahead. He stopped once he reached the two pups and spoke in a frank manner.

"What are you two doing here at this time of the day?" He asked.

Chase and Skye exchanged suspicious glances at each other and knew something was up by the sound of his tone.

"Oh, you know, going out for a walk. What are you doing here?" Skye asked him skeptically, raising an eyebrow at him.

The Mayor noticed the cockapoo's behavior and played along like nothing ever happened. "Just passing by. I won't be doing anything that involves stealing or DOGNAPPING!" He said, raising his voice.

Before Skye knew it, she was grabbed by Mayor Humdinger and was put into the kitty carrier and took off with Humdinger as he sped off the gravel road and down into the field, taking a shortcut to Foggy Bottom while following the line of H-frame transmission poles.

"Chase, get Ryder! Get the Paw Patrol!" Skye called to him before disappearing into the field.

Chase was caught off guard and taken aback by what just happened. One second he's holding Skye in his arms in utter fear, the next she's taken away by Humdinger. Chase stood there for a few seconds as he began to process what just happened. He thought about getting the rest of the team, but that would take too long. Besides, the lookout is miles away. He thought of the very first thing that came to mind and raced back into his police cruiser and set off down the same way the Mayor took and went to find and rescue his cockapoo friend.