Chapter 6: Heartbreaker of the Eternals

Serina and Alex sit across from Sersi and Sprite while Ikaris sits at the bar on Kingo's private jet

Serina and Alex sit across from Sersi and Sprite while Ikaris sits at the bar on Kingo's private jet. Alex and Serina are watching TikToks when Sersi suddenly speaks up. "Hey, Serina."

The two girls glance up at her. "Yeah?" Serina responds.

"Uh," Sersi nervously chuckles. "I really like your music. I've been listening to it since 'Love You Like a Love Song," she claims. Serina smiles fondly. That was her first single ever, which to her surprise, blew up and made her super famous.

"Aww, really? Thank you, that means a lot," she sweetly responds. It's still difficult to process the fact that so many people worldwide listen to her and support her career. She's happy to know that Sersi is one of them.

"She's a mega-fan, she's obsessed with you," Sprite blurts. "The sad songs are her favorites. She had 'Your Name Hurts,' 'The Heart Wants What It Wants,' 'Everything Happens For a Reason,' and 'This Love' on repeat for the longest time," she bluntly states. Sersi looks down, feeling exposed. Damn, she didn't have to call her out like that, Serina thinks as she and Alex share a look.

"Those are binge-worthy songs," Alex says to try to make Sersi feel better. It works, causing the woman to smile at her. Serina noticed the strange energy between her and Ikaris so she asked Sprite about it earlier, who informed her and Alex that they had been apart since the man abandoned Sersi. I see why she likes those songs, she thinks. "What about you, soda pop? You listen to her?" Alex addresses Sprite.

The small girl glares at her, making Alex lean back into her chair, wishing she could disappear into it. "My favorite is 'Here," she admits.

Serina smiles at her. "That's fitting," she chuckles, making Sersi laugh too.

All of a sudden, the door in the back slides open, revealing Kingo. "7,000 years," he voices. He turns around to face Karun, who's behind him holding a camera. "That's how long the battle between Eternals and Deviants has raged for." Serina turns around in her seat upon hearing him, knitting her eyebrows together in confusion when she sees the camera. "You think I'm a movie star. Well, I am. But I am also..." he trails off, looking down. He looks back into the camera and dramatically finishes, "an Eternal."

"Kingo, what are you doing?" Sprite questions, annoyed.

The man walks over and leans against Alex's seat. "I think we should be remembered, so... I am making a documentary. About us," he reveals, pointing between himself and the girls. He better not release it in the near future, Serina thinks. "You are about to meet my fellow Eternal, Sprite," Kingo tells the camera before turning to the redhead. "Sprite, tell them about yourself."

"Oh, wait," the girl utters, sticking her hand in her jacket. She sends him a mocking smile and takes her hand out of her jacket, sticking her middle finger up before turning invisible. Serina giggles at this.