Skyping with the Suggs

Zoe:

“I can’t believe he pulled this crap on Tyler. TYLER! Out of all the people in the world he just had to do this to Tyler,” I muttered furiously, pacing back and forth in my apartment, not caring that I kept going out of frame on the skype call. I had a good reason for being so worked up. It was a few days after Caspar had left and Tyler…. Tyler was a complete wreck.   

“I think he had his-”

“And who the hell even is this Troye kid? I’ve certainly never met him, and I’ve only ever heard his damn name a few times in passing conversation with Caspar.” I continued, not even acknowledging my brother’s response.

“I’ve met h-”

“Have any of us even met him?” I stilled, trying to think if any of us had ever met this boy.

“Zoe-”           

“No. I don’t think any of us have,” I began talking again, after deciding on the answer to my question, “and another thing! I think I’ve seen pictures of him, is he even legal? He can’t be older than 16.”

“He’s 19 and-”

“Caspar has no business being with a kid, he isn’t some random pedophile. Casp is a twenty-year old man. Where did he even meet this boy? There aren’t many places that a college aged man can meet up with a sophomore from high school.”

“You aren’t even listening-”

“Oh my god...IS CASPAR LEAVING TYLER FOR A HOOKER?” I stopped my pacing, and stood frozen in my place, looking at Joe on my computer in shock.

“Yes Zoe, exactly. That’s exactly what is happening.” Joe spoke, finally answering one of my questions. It was weird actually. He had been pretty silent the entire call.

“HOLY SHIT ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WHY THE HELL HAVEN’T YOU KNOCKED SOME SENSE INTO HIM? JOSEPH SUGG GET YOUR FRIEND’S ARSE BACK TO AMERICA NOW. RIGHT NOW. HOLY CRAP DID HE CHEAT ON TYLER WITH THIS WHORE? I’m gunna kill him. I am honestly going to kill Caspar,” I sat down, shouting angrily and glaring down at the picture of Caspar, Tyler, Alfie and I that was on my desk.

“Seriously?” Joe looked appalled, and he just sighed and shook his head at me.

“What?!” I barked out at him defensively, releasing some of my anger.

“That’s what you listen to? I’ve been trying to talk to you this entire call, and THAT is the only thing that get’s through your thick head?” My brother replied, making me squirm sheepishly in my seat after I realized that he had answered the hooker comment with complete sarcasm.

“Hey it’s not that far fetched!” I shot back a retort, crossing my arms over my chest grumpily. When he stayed silent, responding only with a raised eyebrow, I continued, “come on! We know next to nothing about this child who Caspar is suddenly obsessed with. For all we know he could be a hooker off the street. Maybe Casp is just having some weird early masochistic mid-life crisis, where he feels the need to break up with his loving boyfriend and completely uproot himself by moving across the world. Speaking of which, why the hell didn’t you tell me he was planning this, because you and I both know this wasn’t some sudden snap decision on his part. So you must have had a part in this, and he must have been planning to do this for over a month now.”

“First of all, I don’t know when Caspar bought the tickets for his flight, it could have been two months ago, it could have been thirty minutes before the flight left. I don’t know and I don’t really care. Second of all, Caspar’s company offered him a job in an England branch, giving him better hours and a higher salary. They told him about this being a possibility about three months ago, so yes he has been sorting things out with me. Third, it isn’t any of your business to know what Caspar tells me in confidence. He trusts me not to tell anyone and personally I agreed with him on the issue. He needed to tell Tyler on his own time. I would have preferred it being earlier than the night he left, but it wasn’t my job to tell Tyler for Caspar, and it definitely wasn’t yours. I know you care for Tyler, but think about it Zoe. Would you have rather Caspar had stayed with Tyler? Unhappy? Stuck in a job he didn’t like? Not in love? Allowing Tyler to think that what they had could grow into something permanent? Did you really want Tyler to be stuck in a relationship that was going no where?” He stopped, and looked expectantly at me.

I was silent for a few minutes, knowing that Joe had a point, but still.

“I just want Tyler to be happy,” I mumbled, picking at a loose thread on my jumper.

“I know you do, Zoe. I do too, and so does Caspar. That’s why Caspar had to let Tyler go. It might not have been the best way but it was done with good intentions,” My brother answered softly, his voice soothing and calm.
“And I still don’t want Caspar with some underaged hooker,” My bitter comment, caused someone out of frame to say something angrily to Joe. Joe didn’t look pleased with the word ‘hooker’ either.

“Okay, first, being sexually promiscuous is not something to be ashamed of and is not something that you should be throwing around as an insult, especially since you don’t know everyone’s individual stories. You need to chill Zoe. Also, Caspar has been here waiting to go to the store with me, literally this entire call. He hadn’t said anything about the insults towards Troye because he understands how mad you are, but he told me to tell you enough is enough and to knock it off. Troye is 19-”

I had been looking down, sulking at the scolding, but at that piece of information I looked up shocked and slightly judgemental, “No fucking way. That has to be a straight out lie. He’s too skinny and has such a baby face. I can’t imagine how anyone can take him seriously.”

“It’s not a lie, but seriously stop Zoe. I get that you are upset with me but please stop with the barbed comments towards my friend. We’ve been through a lot together and believe it or not I knew him all throughout highschool, because yes. I have many friends outside of you guys. Troye however, along with Joe, is my best friend. We’ve been through a lot together so I’d appreciate it if you just kept your thoughts on the matter to yourself. Besides it’s not like we are even going to get together anyway. I bet you are happy about that. He’s in america and I’m here, and even if that wasn’t the case. He’s perfect, and I’m an idiot,” Caspar trailed off, glancing sadly down at something he was holding in his hands.

His distressed expression made my anger slip away for a moment as a I felt bad for him, a motherly instinct coming over me as I just wanted to protect him. I may not be in favor of what he did to Tyler but at the end of the day Caspy is still my friend and I’m a protective friend.

“Casp…” I started, but my friend cut me off. His expression had hardened and his features formed a barrier, masking his feelings.

“Don’t,” He replied, leaving the frame just as the wall began to crack.

“Zoe,” Jo shook his head softly, shooting me a look that I couldn’t quite figure out, “I gotta go now, but just….stay out of trouble,”

The mysterious expression on my brother’s face cleared and I saw just how truly stressed, tired, and worried he was. In that moment he looked so much older than he was.

“and Zoe?” Joe began, shaking me out of my thoughts, “lay off Troye. He is honestly a good guy okay? Trust me on this.”

The screen went black before I could reply, and I was left sitting in a cold, empty room.

I had a lot of thinking to do.

A/n

*waves* 

hey yallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

it me. satan :)

HOW ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

IF ANYONE READS THIS THEY GET A COOKIE

hooray for posting the first part of a fic in november, plan everything out and draft a bunch of stuff, and then not do ANYTHING with the story until April. 

*runs around cheering* 

I bet any newbies are gunna be like DAMN glad I didn't have to wait that long 

imma say it loud and proud right now

vickella's updating schedule is more fucked up than dan or troye's