Introduction

"Excuse me? Do you mind if I join you? This is the only open seat I've found." The two boys, red head and googly eyes, smiled and nodded. I took a seat beside Ron Weasley, I met him at the station earlier.

"I'm Ron, from earlier." The red head, Ron, stuck his hand out. I ignored it and nodded my head, he only looked at the other boy and rolled his eyes. He fell back in his seat with a huff, I noticed that there was an awful lot of rubbish and candy on the floor, filthy really.

"I'm-" The other boy stuck his hand out as well.

"Harry Potter, the Boy who Lived, I'm aware of who you both are. Now can we please just suffer through this journey in silence?" Neither of them replied, only looked out the window and sighed. Obviously, we weren't going to get along well. I put my black hair up with a ribbon and right as I pulled out my Advanced Potions book, Tobias, my old cat, crawled out of my satchel. He had black fur but a white belly and a white tipped tail. I smiled a half smile and twirled his tail. He purred and rested his head on my lap. The rest of the journey, for Tobias and I at least, was quiet and full of reading. I've already mastered all the potions in the book, but it's nice to see that my parents were smart. I'm just assuming that it's my dad's, The Half Blood Prince. Or I could be completely wrong and it belonged to just a former Hogwarts student-I don't know. Suddenly, the train began to squeal and come to a stop. Tobias' head popped up and he looked over at me. I pulled out my wand and cleared my throat, I held the wand above his head and closed my eyes.

"Ideo a periculis tutos propulsant iniuriam!" I hissed quietly, a blue light twirled around him twice and he pranced off. I shoved my books and wand into my bag and looked up. Ron and Harry were looking at me, their jaws about to hit the floor.

"It's a protective charm, it won't hurt him." As I walked out I felt their eyes still watching me. Getting off the train was easy, but getting elbow space was more difficult.

"First years! First years over hear!" I looked over, an abnormally tall man with a brown beard was holding a lantern. I walked over, well, tried to, and popped out into the front of the group-finally getting a fresh breath of air. The mans eyes popped open when he saw me. He nearly dropped the lantern in fact.

"Well, I haven't seen either of you since you was a little baby." I looked over and Harry was standing beside me, I scoffed and stepped over.

"Well, follow me, I'm Hagrid. We need to get to the feast!" As we started walking, I pondered what Hagrid said. How did he see me when I was a baby? I was born in the muggle world, right?

"Hello, I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy." A boy, an inch or two taller than me, held his hand out to me as we walked. I shook his hand and nodded my head.

"Eileen Lucasta Aminta Haven, pleasure to meet you Draco." I replied, he smiled and shook my hand.

"Pleasures all mine Ellie-is that okay? If I call you Ellie?" His attitude was definitely charming, but he reeked of bad intention. But still, I need someone to be friends with.

"Of course, I wouldn't mind at all." He smiled again and went back to walk with a group of other boys. By now we've made it to the meeting hall, four long tables were set up-one for each house I assume. An old woman started speaking, I would have listened-I would've-but Tobias was brushing up against my feet. I scooped him up and placed him in my bag.

"But first, we must sort you into your houses." At least I caught the last part, Draco was one of the first people to go to Slytherin. Most people were happy with where they went, eventually, I was the last one waiting for placement.

"Miss. Haven, I assume?" I nodded and walked up to the stool and sat down. She placed the hat on my head and a voice gasped.

"Hmm....a mind like your fathers indeed...." I'm like my father! "Awww....a lot like your mother as well...complicated definitely.....I know what to do with this one..." The beat of my heart rose and I closed my eyes.