.:No love:.

I could feel it. The wind blowing through my hair, the adrenaline pumping through my body. My long thick black hair was blowing everywhere, preventing me from seeing very well.

 I breathed in the fresh air and relaxed. I was only hoping that the jump off of the cliff I was standing on wouldn’t be too painful.

 I was a mistake. My parents even told me. I wasn’t supposed to be born; I wasn’t supposed to be part of the earth. My parents were drunk when my mother had gotten pregnant.

 She almost got an abortion but she chickened out. Instead, she raised me so that I would end up the way I was. Lonely, abandoned, and suicidal. I had finally worked up the courage to kill myself.   

 I peered down over the cliff ledge and shuddered. I was like my mother in a way; we both hated pain. But in a way, it made me feel good and replenished.

 I took another deep breath. This was it. These were my final moments on earth. I hoped everyone would be happier that I was gone. After all, I was only a stupid 12 year old girl.

 Yeah, I was twelve. I couldn’t stand my life. I didn’t want to live the way I did. I then took one more deep breath and braced myself. “Goodbye world” I whispered into the wind.

 “One...” As I began to count down, I thought of all the things I wish could have happened in my life. “Two...” I thought of all the hate that my parents gave me. “Three...” I thought of love I wished someone gave to me.

 I then began to step forward until I was at the very ledge. I could feel tears slide down my cold face as I prepared to jump. “Why me?” I asked allowed. I then closed my eyes and squeezed them shut.

 I let a few more tears fall until I forbid them to fall anymore. I then put my right foot over the ledge, but quickly pulled back. Breathing in one last time, I finally did it. It all happened so slowly. I felt myself through my body forward, and I then felt nothing but air underneath me. I was falling.

 I pulled my arms around myself as I let out a scream. I wasn’t screaming of fear or regret, but of relief. I was screaming because I was happy that I finally got the chance to escape my life.

 I then felt my body plunge into the ocean depths. My eyes then shot open. I was under water. I was trying to breathe, but I couldn’t. I was going to drown.

 As I felt myself sinking to the bottom of the ocean, I thought about what could have been. And that was when I regretted jumping.

 I didn’t want to die yet! I was only a twelve year old girl. I then rapidly began kicking up to the surface. I was beginning to lose consciousness as due to the lack of air. I kept pushing.

 Finally, I felt my head burst out of the ocean. I then began inhaling deep breaths of air. “Help!” I shouted out. I then began sinking back under water again. I swam back up and breathed some more.

 “Why did I do this?” I shouted aloud. I then heard something I would never forget. “Hey, are you alright?” I heard a voice call worriedly. “Oh my god, she’s drowning! Hold on, I’m coming to get you!” I heard a man voice shout from somewhere. I then looked up at the cliff. There was a person standing up there, now trying to find a way to get to me.

 As I struggled to stay above water, I started thinking about my parents. I knew they wouldn’t care about me.  I then began to cry. I was a helpless little girl that no one cared about. I then noticed something off in the distance heading toward me. It was a boat.

 I then began to try to wave my arms. “Help!” I screamed again. I was rejoiced to see that it was stopping. “Hold on!” someone shouted. I then noticed that it was the person that was shouting at me earlier.

 I noticed it was a boy, who looked to be about my age, maybe a year or 2 older. I then saw a taller man with the boy who I guessed to me his father. When they were close enough, The boy jumped off of the boat and began swimming over to me. When he was close enough, he wrapped one of his arms around me. “Are you okay?” he asked me.

 I nodded, letting a few more tears fall. He still looked worried. “We should get you to a hospital” he said, and then he began swimming back to the boat with me in his arms.

 The tall man then reached out and pulled both of us up. I then fell to the floor of the boat and coughed violently. “Dad, we have to get her to a hospital” I heard the boy say. The men then bent down to me and pulled me into his arms.

 “What’s your name sweetheart?” the man asked me. “Lucy” I managed to choke out. “Wait... dad, I recognize this girl. She’s in my class at school” the boy said. I then instantly recognized him.  

 Jeremy Webber, the guy I had a crush on, the guy I wanted to love me. He had just saved my life. I couldn’t help but weakly smile before my world went dark.