Chapter 2: Tenderfoot

"Okay Y/N you can do this." You repeat to yourself like a mantra over and over as you stood outside of the tattoo parlor.

Just a half-hour before, Steve had called you to confirm the appointment and you had no other choice than to just confirm it. Feeling your phone vibrate in your pocket, you pulled it out and saw a text from Wanda, who you asked to watch Dodger while you were "working late."

"Sure thing Y/N. Key's under the mat right?" She texted.

You typed out a quick answer before putting the phone back in your pocket.

You took a deep breath, clutched your bag, quickly crossed the street, entering the parlor.

At the front desk sat a woman with long, brown hair, tied up in a messy bun who gave you a friendly smile, "Hi, I'm Maria, How can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi," you returned a smile, "I have an appointment for 6 o'clock today with Steve."

Maria cocked her head to the side and raised and scrunched her face, "Steve?"

"Yeah," you laughed nervously, "I spoke with him over the phone last night."

She was pensive for a moment, before she snapped her fingers in realization, "Oh! Nomad!" She said, getting up from her chair, "Have a seat, I'll tell him you're here."

She turned on her heel and left towards the back room leaving you to sit in the lobby. You took a look at your surroundings. The walls were white, with portraits of each artists' work hung across the lobby area.

"Y/N?" You heard a familiar voice call out your name.

Tearing your gaze from the art on the walls, you noticed a man standing by the receptionist's desk.

Holy shit. You said to yourself mentally, Was this even the same guy you spoke on the phone with last night?

He's tall. Wearing a black Under Armour shirt that looked to be a few sizes too small for him, a tattoo of the American flag that covered his right arm, and what seemed to be a forest that came up just below his left elbow.

"Miss Y/N?" He questioned you again, finally grabbing your attention.

"Oh yes!" you shot up from your chair, "That's me."

You walked over to him and took his outstretched hand, shaking it. You couldn't help but feel a small current flow between you both. Maybe you were just imagining it.

"Steve Rogers." He greeted you, catching your attention again.

You felt a blush creep up on your cheeks, "Y/N Alvarez. Nice to meet you." You said, pulling your hand away.

"So do you know what kind of ink you're looking to get?"

"Yes." You answered, going into your bag and pulling out a copy of the lotus that Wanda drew and handing it to him.

He took the drawing and examined it, clearly impressed with how it looked, "This is beautiful." He mused, "You drew this?"

You scoffed, "I wish I could draw like that." You replied, "One of my friends drew this." You later clarified.

"Okay follow me," Steve ordered, as he turned on his heel and walked to the back of the shop with you trailing behind, before finally stopping at his station.

"Where do you want the tattoo?" Steve asked simply.

"Where do you recommend I should get it?" you asked nervously, "Sorry, this is my first tattoo," you said, quickly looking down at your feet in embarrassment.