01

All my life

All my life... I've only suffered. I can't remember the time where I woke up looking forward to my day, or even smiling in the mirror. I've only seen pain.

My name is Coco, I'm 22 years old, I don't know who my parents are, and why was life like the way it was.

I was born without parents, and the orphanage I grew up in wasn't friendly. I had to do everything myself, I had no one to depend on, I had no one's shoulder to cry on. I just had to get pushed away and get hurt by several kids my age.

When I was 17 years old, I was taken away to palace because of my looks, this was right after when the new emperor known as Tetta Kisaki had killed the Sano family and took over the entire village.

It's been 5 years, I live in the palace of concubines among other beautiful women. Some chose to be there on their own accord, and some were forced here just like me.

Due to the emperor's nature of killing people he doesn't like, he has killed many women who haven't been good to him, thus adding competition and hate among us women. Everyone thrives to have the throne one day, and the more beautiful and young you are, the better chances you have.

Thankfully, I'm pure and untouched. I always stay back whenever the Emperor's right hand man, Hanma Shuji comes and picks a woman for him. It's good for me too since I don't get on anyone's nerves and I don't get touched by the filthy hands of that emperor who ruined everything for everyone.

I just wish to remain alive and live a normal life.

It was midnight when suddenly, Hanma came in the harem to choose someone for Kisaki as he had asked for a concubine. Everyone gathered around, every women in the palace was nervous and excited about if they were going to get chosen for the emperor.

Coco had been asleep in her room, she was woken up by the ruckus outside. She decided to check out what was wrong but that was the worst mistake of her life.

The beautiful short haired brunette girl came outside her room in her nightgown while rubbing her eyes and asked one of the women what was wrong. She got to know what was happening and she quickly decided to return to her room.

"You!" She flinched. Everyone looked at each other and then looked back at Coco. She nervously turned around with fear on her face and saw Hanma approaching her.

"M-me?" She asked.

"Yes, you." He replied in a nonchalant manner.

"My, you're one beauty, how come I never saw you here before?" He raised a brow and smirked while gently holding her chin. His thumb was rubbing her lip which was making her panic.

He got no reply but he saw how disturbed the young woman looked. He grabbed her arm and started dragging her away with him.

"I bet Kisaki will like you a lot.." He deviously chuckled.

The woman felt tears coming in her eyes, whatever did she do to deserve this? Her dignity was going to get taken from her.

Hanma pushed her in the room and she saw Kisaki sitting on the bed only wearing a cloth to cover his part below.

Coco was horrified and frozen in place. She felt sick, she didn't want to do this, she wanted to run away.

"I like you." He smirked and signaled her to come to him. She gulped and slowly walked to him. He stood up and went behind her and inspected her perfect body. He was thinking of making her his empress, by only one meeting. This woman was really mesmerizing.

He pushed her from behind and she fell on her stomach. Kisaki pushed her dress up from behind as he climbed on the bed. Coco clenched on the sheets and closed her eyes tight which were leaving tears.

"Someone please help me!!!" She thought.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

A really harsh knock on the door interrupted Kisaki and he clicked his tongue.

"Kisaki, we're under attack!" Hanma spoke.

"What???" Kisaki shouted and got of the bed. He immediately put on his clothes and rushed outside. Coco was left on the bed and she heard everything. She suddenly heard screams and glass breaking in the hallways and decided to run away, for good.

"There he is, boss..." A man with pink hair styled as mullet was standing next to his king and other men. He had scars on both end of his lips. Next to him stood a short but a dangerous man. His eyes and hair black as the darkness itself. his face had no emotion on his face. He wore only a black shirt and trousers.

He stood outside the palace entrance with his men. There was a blood bath around them, they had killed anyone who tried to stop them. There were even men who had already infiltrated the palace.

Kisaki approached him with his sword but before he could do anything, the black haired casually pierced his sharp sword in Kisaki's heart and killed him in seconds. Hanma and the royal guards stood shocked and they couldn't move.

"Kill them, kill everyone." The black haired ordered and went towards harem. He wasn't going to show any mercy to anyone.

In minutes, he had killed everyone with his sword. Every woman was laying in their pools of blood, some were even naked, the man was ruthless. He went to look around to see if anyone was hiding.

Meanwhile, Coco ran away from Kisaki's quarters and came across dead guards in the hallways. She didn't think twice but only ran as she was horrified and scared for her life. She didn't care and ran over the broken glass which pierced inside her bare feet.

She first decided to go back to her palace and get some necessities. But when she arrived, she saw everyone dead, she covered her mouth and looked around, all of her fellow women were dead.

"What's this, a trail? Is there someone left alive?" He thought as he saw a blood trail leading somewhere, he was sure that everyone was dead. He followed the trail and came across a women who was standing in front of a room crying, her feet were bleeding heavily.

He slowly went behind her and suddenly wrapped his arm around her waist and his sword pointing at her throat.

"Don't move." He spoke in her ear. Coco started breathing heavily and whimpered. The man put his sword back for a second and and turned her around by her shoulders to get a good look before he killed her. But instead having a thirst for blood, his urge changed into a completely unexpected one.

He stared at her shocked face. She couldn't believe that the prince who was apparently killed 5 years ago, was standing in front of her alive and well.

"B-but.. y-you w-were d-d-dead..." As soon as she said that, she collapsed. She was going to fall on the ground but he caught her in his arms and pick her up. He saw her wounded feet and then her face which was turned pale from fear.

"How beautiful..." He thought.

TO BE CONTINUED