Chapter 3: Looking at him

"It's you!", exclaimed Sinclair.

Too disoriented to think what he meant, I looked at him blankly.

My arms were gripped tightly in that instant, and with a shake, he said, "Why are you here, Raine?"

I was shocked that he still remembers me. I guess I spoke out loud.

"Yes, I do remember you." 

The deep voice sent shivers down me and my cheeks turned red.

"You didn't answer me Raine, why are you here?"

"You seriously don't know why I am here?"

"If I did, I wouldn't have asked you."

"I was selected for this year's Hunt."

I could see him go ashen but he recovered himself fast.

"I see. You are welcome to join the others at the house. You are the last one to come. I didn't have any idea that it was you. The old man always likes to surprise us, especially me."

Sinclair started to move but I held his hand. "But, you should have seen my entry for the competition?", I said.

"No, Raine. This year some issues had come up and I couldn't attend to it. The old man made all the choices himself."

He continued, "Just asking because I'm curious, what was your entry for the competiton?"

"The Ring of Flowers."

I could hear a sharp drawn breath and he said, "I see. Still haven't parted with it, eh? I wonder why."

"Come, I'll drive you till the house and come back."

Too shaken up with the encounter to protest, I followed him meekly and sat in the passenger seat.

Once the car started, in a couple of minutes we reached the big Alexander house where each year the Hunt was conducted and all three artists selected would come down here and stay for the entire period of the competition. Along with them, stayed Sinclair, his father and some members of the Alexander staff.

Sinclair guided me through the fron entrace of the big house and we came to a lovely sitting room in yellows, warm with bright sunlight.

"Sit here, I'll ask for a cup of tea or coffee for you."

"If you don't mind, I would prefer a glass of juice and I need some rest."

He smirked and moved to another room and came with a glass fo orange juice.

"Drink this."

The entire time I sipped the juice and had it, he kept on sitting there watching me with the eyes of a hawk.

"Sinclair darling, I thought you have already left for the day", chirped a sing song voice. Both of us looked that way to see a girl standing there in a well cut dress, closer to Sinclair in age.

I kept the glass and stood up, drawing eyes to my action. I looked up to see her looking daggers at me. Sinclair just looked back to her and me and broke into laughter, "this is going to be interesting."

She was introduced as his close friend and manager, Kelly Shaw. Even with all the smiles, I wasn't able to like her.

Suddenly, Sinclair checked his watch and got up, saying, "Kelly, please show Raine to her room. I'll see her later."

And, to me, he said, "You would do better to keep to your room when I am back. You and I are going to have a talk."

With that, he left with no backward glance.

Hi everyone out there! I am Adore, I know it sounds funny, but after all these years I love my name. This is my first series so please please read, follow, vote, comment, share! I need your love and support!

I would be updating the series regularly. So once more, read, follow, vote, comment, share as much as you can!

Also, I am dedicating this chapter to sweetdreamer33, your writing inspires me. A big shout to anyone who would like to create a cover/banner for the series. Suggestions for cast is welcome. I would absolutely love to hear from you. Message me or mail me at adorelayton@gmail.com

Lastly, I adore you! *Kisses*