Chapter 25

Koffi

^^^^

"So, what you been up to, man?" I asked as I dapped up Lavan.

"Not much, not much. I'm in the process of opening up a clothing store." He informed me and I smiled.

"That's wassup. I didn't know you had big plans."

"Yeah, I'm opening it with Tizani. I'm really happy about it."

"I'm proud of you, Lavan." I told him.

"Thanks. To be honest, you and Texas have been inspiring me to do the shit that I really love, you know? Y'all look happy as shit and just living life." He expressed and I was a little taken back but I smiled and thanked him.

"Where's your sister? She was supposed to be out here ten minutes ago." I asked him and he shrugged.

I was at Texas' shop, waiting for her. I told her that I had a bring surprise for her, which I did. I had a lot planned back at my house and I spent all day working on it so that it was perfect. I felt she deserved something special. She'd been putting up with all my shit for the last few weeks and I appreciated it all. She's been patient and there for me every time I needed her. I also always wanted to do something a little more big when I was gonna ask her to be my girlfriend. Instead, I more so told her that she was my girl and touched on her in the shower. I wanted to do more because she was worth more. 

It was going on six in the evening and I was trying to hurry home but I've been here for the last 15 minutes, impatiently waiting for her to finish up this last tattoo. She said she'd be done by 6 and it's almost 6:20. I huffed, sitting behind the front desk as I waited for her to finish up. I talked with Lavan a little longer before Texas and Nelly came around the corner.

"Oh, so you're the reason my lady has been back there for the last 20 minutes?" I turned to look at them both. Nelly rolled her eyes as Texas walked over to me and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Go cry about it." She retorted. I was about to argue with this little girl before Texas out my face into her hands and turned me to look at her.

"You ready?" She asked softly and my hard face softened at her touch. I nodded and stood up from my chair before saying my goodbyes to Nelly and Lavan.

I let her into my car before going into the driver's seat.

"Hi, my baby." She kissed me and I smiled, bringing her lips back to mine.

"Hi, mama." I then kissed her forehead. I drove back home and it didn't take too long. I opened the door for her and we walked up to the front door. I unlocked door and let her inside. I watched her walk in slowly and her jaw dropped.

"Ezra..." She trailed off as she walked around the house. I had candles lit and I had boxes of wings and fries on the coffee table in the living room. 

"You're always doing something nice for me. Thank you so much, my love. And you got me some food?" She fixated her eyes on the food as she sat on the cushion on the floor.

"I just wanted to do something nice for my baby." I told her, earning a smile.

"Did you get me ranch and buffalo?" She went on to ask me.

"Yes, I got your nasty shit." I answered. She side-eyed me as I handed her the box of barbecue wings with the sauces she wanted.

"It is not nasty. You just don't like flavor."

"Nah I just don't like a bunch of different flavors in one bite." I reasoned.

"But, that's the best part."