I Will Protect You

The two heroes found out about the League of Villains whereabouts. Nejire would be silent the whole time, but still didn't like the fact that two heroes were inside.

Toya had placed Satoko in her bed. He had an idea about their living conditions as it was a very rundown place. Even the mattress had springs coming out. The bedsheets had holes in them. While the pillows were oddly nice and fluffy.

Possibly stolen.

"You don't spread a word about our whereabouts." She murmured as she winced, hating the fact her back was hurting. "I'll know it's you."

"Scary," he said in a partially sarcastic tone. "We definitely won't be telling anyone. As far as I'm concerned, you helped us out today by rescuing those people. There would have been more deaths if it wasn't for your league."

"This is what we do." She furrowed her eyebrows. "The public's eye labeled us as villains, but we really aren't. We're just trying to fix society by taking out the trash."

She paused a moment before she spoke again. "Those women and children. Are they really safe?"

"They are. Someone will be working on contacting families to let them know that they're alive," he said.

"They better be." She sighed as she still had his shirt on her person. "I'm keeping this, you know. So I can stare at you." She gave a flirty smile.

"Go right ahead." His expression nearly matched hers. "I don't have a problem with your pretty eyes on me."

"I think we should go," Tenko spoke from the doorway. He was feeling awkward to be a third wheel once again. He could definitely go without seeing them flirt with each other.

Toya took a step back away from the bed. "He's right. We do still have things to do. I'll write down my phone number in case you need anything though."

"Oh, what makes you think I'll call?" She teased, ignoring the fluttering in her chest. It was strange. She never had felt this way with anyone.

Ugh. Stop it.

Nah. She doesn't want to.

Not when he had saved her. It's hard for her to even say there was some trust built.

Harder to admit that she was afraid to be doing this with a hero. She couldn't help it. Not when she's so infatuated with him.

Why couldn't he be ugly? Or have a nasty attitude? Ugh. He's her weakness for sure.

He simply laughed. "Bye. Hopefully we'll see each other again sometime."

He went to the doorway where Tenko was at. They whispered something about if they thought she would be ok there, and then they walked out the door.

When they were on their way out, Nejire stayed at the exit. Her expression seemed rough as she let out a steely gaze. "Don't you dare break her heart. I don't trust either of you."

Even though Nejire has her own issues, she had one positive outlook. Her high regard and respect for Satoko. The one person whom she can't go against. Well, as long as she was within the same radius of her.

"She's had a hard life. You heroes like to blab your mouths and ruin everything." She frowned.

"I-" Tenko started. He was interrupted.

"I won't." Toya smiled. "You don't have to worry about that."

"What is she to you two?" She wasn't convinced. "Are you two spies?!"