Waffles

The next morning I awoke lying on the ground where I had been last night. Cozen was snoring on the couch and the other three were whispering on the other one.

"Morning, Sleepy-head."  Rhyne called.

I looked at them cautiously, remembering what had happened the night before.

"Why don't you come over here? We're talking about our next concert." Kameron said

I brushed my messy blonde hair to the side and crawled over to them. I sat on the floor in front of them. "Uh, I had a question."

"Alright; shoot."

"Um what do you guys plan to do with me? I mean you know, after what you found out last night."

"Well, technically Cozy is old enough to legally adopt you. So is Sam and I think even I can, if you wanted us to."

"Why would you want to do that? You don't even know me."

Kameron looked shot down. "Well if you don't want to, then that's fine. I mean... I just really thought you would want to. I mean you being a fan and all." he kicked at the carpet.

"No, no that isn't what I meant. It isn't that I don't want to, it's just... you guys know stuff about me that I don't want people to know. I just don't know if I could live with you guys when I know that you know that."

"Well at least consider it, alright?" He asked. "I've actually grown to like you, a little. I feel bad for you."

"Great." I said looking down, slightly embarrassed.

Cozen rolled over and mumbled in his sleep on the other couch.

"Ooh yeah. Cozy's a lot like you." Rhyne said. "He sleep-talks and walks."

"Wait." I said. "What do you mean, a lot like me?" I asked

"Well don't you know that you sleep walk? And sleep talk?"

"I sleep what now?"

"Walk and talk. Are you deaf as well now?" Charlie said, knocking on my head.

"No. No, I don't sleep walk. I don't do either of those things." I said, standing.

"Hate to break it to you, but you kinda do." Kameron said

I groaned and fell down onto the floor, laying back with my legs up toward them. "What did I say?"

"Nothing important. I couldn't understand most of it."

"Oh. Did you guys understand any of it?" I asked Rhyne and Charlie

"We didn't hear it. We were in our room." Rhyne said

"You guys have your own room?"

"Yeah. That door at the end of the hall leads to our room. The one on the right is a bathroom and the one on the left is Leif's room."

"Oh. So Kameron and Cozen just get to sleep on the couches?"

Just as I finished that sentence, Cozen groaned loudly and rolled off the couch, landing on my side. I yelped and jumped away from him, as everyone started laughing. I put my hand to my heart, trying to get it to calm down.

"You... just almost... killed me. I just had a small heart attack."

Cozen grinned sleepily at me. "This is how I always wake up."

I slowly recovered from my heart attack.

"You wake up by trying to murder people?" I said, raising my eyebrows.