Chapter 2

"Do you remember anything now?" Mirabel asks for the nth time this tour

You laugh "You don't need to ask me that," You tilt your head "I'll tell you when I do"

She nods "Sorry"

You shake your head "Don't be its fine" You assured and returned walking by her side "Actually, how old are you?"

She turns to look at you "Why?"

"Its just," You began and licked your lower lip thinking on how you could open up the conversation without it being questioned "I remember something, not much just, you know, something its about age"

"Oh," She hums "I'm sixteen"

"Ah," You said and shrugged "Just a year apart, you're fine"

"What did you remember?"

"If you were way younger than me, you should call me Ate" You explained "It means older sister, or girl who is older than me" You shrugged again "Its fine, you don't have to call me that"

"Cause we're a year apart?"

"Yeah" You smile and she nudges you towards another direction

After a while you looked at Mirabel and spoke up "Can I know more about your family?"

She nods "What do you wanna know?"

"Everyone" You turned to look at her "Like what's Abuela's gifts?"

Mirabel shakes her head "She's the head of the family, the one who protects the miracle. She doesn't have" you nod in understanding "But what you already know what my mom does"

"Mrs. Julieta" You agreed "Heal anything with food" She nods in agreement with you words "And I'm guessing the guy beside her a while ago is your dad?" Mirabel nods "What's his gift?"

"He doesn't have one" Mirabel answers and clarifies when you made a face "he married into the family"

"Ahh" You said in realization "So no gift when you marry into the family, makes sense. So like, their children, they have right?"

"Yes, my sisters have" She began but you cut her off

"What's your gift?"

"I don't have one" She answers truthfully

"What?"

"Yeah," She shrugs "The only Madrigal kid without a gift"

"Sorry"

"Its fine" She smiles "We're all still family" She answers and points at someone "That's Luisa" She introduces

"Oh that's the one who can move a piano" You realized

"mhm" She agrees "Her gift is strength"

"Wow" You said softly as she kicks a house back into place

"Oh and that's my oldest sister, Isabela" She points at the beautiful long haired woman "Isa!" She calls

"Hey" She greets and smiles at you, as you bow in greeting "How's the tour?"

"Informative" You answered

"I was just about to tell her your gift" Mirabel elaborated

"Well, I can show you instead" She offers "What's your favorite flower?"

Your smile disappeared "I don't know" You admitted

Isabela hums before snapping her fingers "Do you know what it looks like?" You think for a moment, before nodding "I can make one based on that"