Chapter 11- Strength

When I walked over to my home to unite the two houses, I noticed something again. The candle was waiting for me. There was a gold shimmer surrounding my house. I touched it, letting it sparkle and expand. I realized what was going on when I saw a little gloomy house in the middle of the square.

My town and Encanto were uniting.

I grinned. I ran down to my town without a second thought. People walked out of their homes, confused. I didn't care. There was only one person I wanted to see. And he was standing outside of his home as well. I scooped him up in a hug. The ten-year-old sobbed into my shoulder once he realized it was me.

"Welcome home, hermano," I whispered in his ear.

"Hi, sissy," Mateo sobbed. "Never leave again, please."

"I promise. Never again," I assured him.

The two peoples met and celebrated the joining of the towns. I showed Mateo where his new home would be; away from our controlling mother. She would stay in the village, where she could never harm us again. Mateo was also overjoyed to meet Antonio and Camilo.

For almost a year and a half, I'd dreamed of this. I dreamed of being happy, without my mother and with my brother. And now I have it. I have the best life, where I get to be who I truly am. Having my people and people that loved around me was the icing on the cake.

The party soon ended once we realized it was almost dinner time.

I hung out in my room for a while, decorating it with the powers I was controlling. I danced around, enjoying my freedom. Camilo passed by my room, then did a double take. He smiled and ran toward me, joining me. I didn't know what music we were going by. We just danced.

Camilo pulled me close to him. We held each other in a hug, enjoying each other.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up and noticed a small flower in Camilo's hair. I giggled, plucking it out of his hair. He smiled at me. We danced again, not stopping until Camilo tripped over his feet trying to lean in for a kiss.

"Graceful," I teased.

He looked up at me, unamused. I winked and turned into him for a split second. He smiled, knowing I was learning. "Get up."

He shot up and held my waist. He smashed our lips together, taking me slightly by surprise. I used a vine to shut the door so my brother didn't walk by and see us. I don't know why I forgot to breathe, but I had to take a long breath when we broke apart.

"(Y/n), you and I are breaking rocks after dinner," Luisa said through the door.

"Gracias, Luisa," I called, gripping Camilo's collar while praying she didn't come in.

Her footsteps disappeared. Camilo frowned, noticing me moving away.

"I need a nap," Camilo groaned. "With you would be perfect." His head rested on my shoulder.

"Well, Madrigal, once we eat, a few hours after we can sleep here," I decided.

Camilo groaned into my shoulder as I giggled.

We ate dinner as a family. The table was happier than any dinner I was at. Abuela still sat at the front of the table, but she no longer had a stone-cold look on her face. She was happy; she had her son and miracle back. What more could she ask for?

"Toast," Abuela announced.

We raised our glasses. "To Mirabel and (Y/n). For without them, we would not be here tonight."

"To Mirabel and (Y/n)!"

The family talk continued. Camilo kept a hand on my leg after he finished. Luisa finished and pushed her chair away from the table. She got up and wrapped an arm around me, locking my head.

"Are you ready, pipsqueak?" Luisa questioned.

"Yes, if you stop cutting off the circulation to my brain," I replied.

Luisa let go and picked me up. She set me down out of the chair. I activated her power. I felt stronger and powerful. Luisa and I walked until we got closer to the mountains. I found some rocks and picked them up with ease. Luisa smiled.

She finished a few hours later with piling rocks on top of a smooth one I was holding. I let go when she put the last rock on top of me. She nodded proudly. I was finally in control of the power. Finally, I could help my people with the things they couldn't normally do.

"Wow, pipsqueak. Strong muscles in a tiny body," Luisa said.

"Should I take that as a compliment?" I asked as I took steps toward the village.

"Yes, (L/n)." She paused for a moment. "What's your deal with my cousin?"

"What do you mean?" I turned around and raised an eyebrow at her.

"He was gushing almost a year and a half ago. Then you show up at Tonio's ceremony. What's the deal?" Luisa asked.

"Well, it all started when two women were given the miracle. A girl named Alma, and a girl named Dahlia. Alma is your abuela. Dahlia is my grandma," I explained.

Luisa looked at me for a moment before looking at the towns. "Let's head back?"

"That would be really nice," I agreed.

I ran back to my room once the casita allowed us in. Surprisingly, Camilo was already there. On my bed, his eyes shut. He looked so peaceful when he was sleeping, not the mischievous teenager I fell in love with. I was deeply in love with him, and everyone could see it. Even Mateo knew immediately once he saw me look at Camilo.

"Guess I'll go ask Mateo if he wants to hang out-"

Camilo tugged me onto the bed. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, holding me in a way that told me not to go without being too rough. He fell asleep for real quickly after that. Twirling a curl of his hair seemed to calm him.