Many

Toni POV

Toni POV

Janet was out running some errands while I was picking up somethings from the grocery store.

I had one more thing to pick up and I would be done shopping but for the life of me I couldn't reach it.

I guess someone saw me struggling because they came and helped me.

I turned around to thank the person and was met with this guy.

"It's no problem.."

We then stared into each other's eyes for about 30 seconds until I broke the stare. I smiled sweetly before walking away.

"Hey wait...What's your name?"

"I'm Toni...?"

"Oh I'm Jamal"

"Well it was nice meeting you Jamal but I have to get going.." I said awkwardly trying to ease away from him.

"Wait can I get your number? I'd love to hang out sometime"

"I'm married.."

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind you having a friend"

"She and you don't know her like I do"

"I'm not looking for anything like that..just a friend to talk to from time to time. I just moved out here recently and I'm just trying to make new friends...so what do you say?"

After hearing his story I figured there couldn't be any harm in making new friends. Right? Right.

"Alright, Alright" I smiled before we exchanged numbers.

"I'll see you around.."

I nodded and smiled once more before paying for my groceries and leaving the store.

I drove for about 10 minutes until I pulled up to our home.

I saw Janet's car which meant she was home. I called her outside so she could help me with these bags.