ch. 4 i want you by my side

Y/N POV

*it was my turn. but there was only one person left that hadn't gone. konan. i mean i wouldn't mind being put in that closet with her for seven minutes... my heart pounded quickly when my hand lifted from the spinning bottle. i kept my eyes fixated on the bottle, as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. it finally had to come to a stop, like all things. it landed on the one and only, konan.*

my face flushed red when i looked up at her trying to hide her smile. i finally let out a giggle and said, "well girl it looks like we finally have some time to privately talk without being interrupted"

"yes, finally..." konan smiled back at me.

"i hope you guys make out!" hidan shouted as we walked to the closet.

"i hope you can shut the fuck up by the time we come out" konan sweetly smiled back at him.

"really hidan? was that really necessary?" pein asked.

"yes, yes it was," hidan smirked.

meanwhile in the closet...

"you look so pretty today y/n," konan smiled.

"you saying i don't look pretty every other day," you teased.

"that's exactly what i'm saying," konan smirked.

"don't lie to me, i know how irresistibly sexy i am, you just sound jealous."

"i'm just jealous you share that sexiness with the guys but not me."

"oh, is that so?"

"yeah...it is," konan couldn't take her eyes off your lips.

"i'm the last person to agree with hidan but..." you bit your lip.

"quick consent to make out with you??" she
said seriously.

*you immediately blushed. you and konan always flirted with each other, and even though all the things you said were true, you never thought she might've had some truth to her words too.*

"yeah...are you being for real?" you asked

"yes, y/n, i am," konan tilted her head and got closer, shutting her eyes.

*oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god*

you met her lips. they were so soft. it was like kissing a soft cloud. you could feel the texture of her purple lipstick that you noticed she reapplied before you guys came in. she put her firm hand on your face. her hand that was so tough and engraved with all the battles she was put through. no matter how tough her hands were, they caressed your face so gently you immediately felt comforted by her touch. the kissing was getting more intense, you could hear her quickening breathes and you wanted her all to yourself. deep, passionate, needy, and desirable emotions were all spilled out through your lips. you knew she knew you wanted her. finally, when your lungs felt like they were about to burst, you pulled away, breathing quickly and heavily. you looked up at her, grinning. she met your eyes. no words were spoken. instead, in a matter of seconds, you both rushed to each other's lips like they were the last glass of water on earth. kissing her took your breath away, you couldn't believe this was actually happening. but it also gave you life. it gave you energy and adrenaline and you loved this rush. you loved her.

you both finally pulled away again. now was the time for words to be spoken.

"wow..." konan said with her mouth still slightly open.

"yeah..." you smiled to yourself.

"y/n, that was the best kiss, well kisses, i've ever had in my entire life. in fact, they're the only ones i've ever wanted."

"konan..."

"you have no idea how you make me feel. you're so sexy, brilliant, and energetic. you always have something clever to say, you laugh at everyone's jokes, you hate cooking because of the dishes but enjoy it because you do it amazingly, you dance and sing like no one is watching, you buy books you'll never read and give them to us as presents, you make sure to make the most of every piece of clothing because you hate throwing them out, you donate any chance you get, you are the one who sets budgets for our grocery shopping, you're so mature and immature at the same time, you can be frightening and pump my adrenaline and make me live on the edge, but you also fill me with comfort and all i really want is to love you in our own little home. i want to wake up in bed with you by my side. i want to cook with you by my side. i want to drive and sing to your playlist with you by my side. i want to redecorate our apartment every five months with you by my side. i want to own pets with you by my side. i want to buy overpriced coffees in the city with you by my side. i want to complete missions with you by my side. i want to get into fights and resolve them in healthy ways with you by my side. i want to travel with you by my side. i want to show you off to the world with you by my side. i want to do so so much with you by my side y/n. y/n...i love you so much.

"konan, you're leaving me speechless girl....but, i know i can for sure say one thing."

she eagerly nodded, cuing you to go on.

"i love you too but-"

"Y/N," she jumped and embraced you in her arms, happy crying.

"konan"

"i cannot believe you feel the same way, y/n that is the only thing i wanted to hear for the longest time out of those pretty lips of yours!!"

"konan."

she could sense the tone of your voice. she stopped jumping around, and looked at you, her smile fading.

"y/n, what is it?"

"konan, i love you but even though it's in a romantic way....i also love the others in romantic ways...."

her mouth opened but no words came out. instead she said "oh" and slid down against the wall to the floor.

"konan, i'm sorry"

after a few seconds of silence she began to say...

"no, no, please don't apologize y/n. you cannot control your feelings. you can't help who you love. the heart wants what it wants. i'm just happy to hear you love me too in the same way i love you," she looked up at you, with the sweetest smile, and her eyes filled with tears. "and i guess it means i just have to compete with the others"

you bent down to wrap your arms around her as she cried over your shoulder. your heart ached for her. you resented yourself deeply for feeling the same towards them all. you hated that you couldn't choose who you truly wanted. you hated it.

"HEY HOTTIES YOU CAN STOP TONGING EACH OTHER, TIME IS UP!" hidan yelled, kicking down the door.

"oh, oh my bad is this a bad time? should i go or...?" he asked once landing his eyes on the both of you on the floor.

"no, no, we're fine, thank you. and thank you y/n."

she paused to wipe her tears with the back of her hands.

"come on, let's go," she said, standing up slowly.

"are you sure konan?"

"i'm positive, y/n," she looked up at you and smiled.

and you believed her.