Chapter 1: Snowstorm

A/N: First chapter of the story! I'm so excited! I hope you guys enjoy it! If you do, please consider commenting and voting on my story! Have fun! I ended this chapter with 2224 words.

I wake up at midnight to a text from Marjan.

Marjan: (Y/n), I need your help

(Y/n): What do you need?

Marjan: The city is tearing down the firehouse tomorrow and I need your help to stop it

(Y/n): Well, since you woke me up past midnight, is it today tomorrow or tomorrow tomorrow?

Marjan: Sorry (Y/n/n), today tomorrow, please?

(Y/n): I'll be there Marj

Marjan: Thanks (Y/n/n)! You're the best!

(Y/n): I know

Guess I have plans now

~Timeskip to the demolition~

"Hey Marj!" I say, walking up to where she's standing outside of the 126 firehouse, arms crossed. 

"Hey (Y/n)." She replies solemnly. "I've been trying to call everyone but no one is answering. Sometimes I feel like they just don't care."

I shrug. "They have other things to deal with. Judd is having a baby, TK and Carlos aren't even talking anymore, Owen is off the grid, Tommy is a single mother now, Matteo is at that gods awful firehouse, and Paul is Paul. They all have their own things." I sigh. "But no matter what, I'll always have your back." I finish with a smile.

"Thanks (Y/n)." Marj says to me. "Abandoners." She curses our friends out. 

"All right, everybody stand back, we're ready to get started." After everyone moves back from the building, the person in charge says, "Okay, Marty, knock it down."

"Screw it." I hear from next to me, and the next thing I know, I'm getting dragged over to a pole right in front of the wrecking ball and I'm handcuffed to it. Why. Why me. 

As I'm trying to figure out how my wrist got chained to a pole (and where Marjan got these handcuffs from), I hear the man in charge telling Marjan that the cops are on the way and that they don't want any trouble.

"The thing is, trouble, is exactly why we came." Marjan snarks.

"Actually, I didn't even know that we were gonna be in front of a wrecking ball today." I pipe up.

"Shush." Marj whispers to me. So I can't talk. Noted.

Marjan pulls out her phone and starts a live stream to all of her followers and turns it to both of us. "Hey, it's your girl, Firefox, coming from you live from the 126 with my best friend, (Y/n)." I wave at her live stream. "I know most of you know that my team has tried everything to save this firehouse. But today is D-Day, so I'm not just going to the wall, I'm chaining myself to it."

"And chaining me to it also." I chime in.

"And chained (Y/n) to it." She rolls her eyes. "We have a GoFundMe page. I hope you'll check it out. I know that 4.6 million is asking for a lot but that's what the city says they need to reopen the best little firehouse in Texas..." Marjan trails off. 

"...Where it's just started snowing." I finish off.

After a bunch of murmuring from the workers, one says "Boss says we're shutting down till the weather clears. Looks like you got a reprieve. Hope it's worth going to jail."

Carlos gets out of his cop car and walks up to us. "Hey Carlos." Both of us say.

"Hey Marjan, hey (Y/n)." He rattles his handcuffs. "You better hope that they don't press charges, chicas." He shakes his head at us.