Chapter 2

Hey so I guess people are liking this so far, tnow that i have most of the introductions to all the characters done this is where the story is really gonna start and pick up, hope you enjoy, on the side is Brody, Mayas brother :) fan comment and promote me if possible, I really want people to read this 

FREE COOKIES :D 

_____________________________________________________________

I woke up the next morning to the front door being slammed shut. I guess the parents had another argument. Its becoming quite regular. I looked at the time to see it was seven thirty in the morning that must be the parents off to work. I slowly dragged myself out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I stripped down and had a warm shower trying to waken myself up. Getting out I placed a towel around myself and brushed my teeth. When I looked up at myself in the mirror I saw an empty shell of a girl I used to be. Sighing I made my way back to my room and pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans a a purple shirt that I left unbuttoned with a black vest underneath. I don't bother with make up anymore, whats the point nobody looks at me. 

With damp hair I ran downstairs and made myself some breakfast. This is a normal morning in my house now, I get woken up by everybody shouting at each other then leaving and I end up eat breakfast alone without even a good morning or have a nice day. Before everything happened my mother would call us down to the kitchen and insist we eat the buffet she made together and push us out the door for school with hugs and kisses and I love you's flying in all directions.  

I walked to the closet and grabbed my jacket and school bag and started to walk to school. I slipped my headphones in and blared Taylor Swift as loud as possible. She wouldn't be my normal taste in  music but its something in her songs that helps calm me. I was halfway to the school when somebody tapped my shoulder. I spun around in complete shock ready to attack with my heart almost beating out of my chest to see Simon standing in front of me with a smile plastered on his face as if he didn't just scare me half to death.

"You stalking me now or something?" I asked with a hint of humor as I pulled out my headphones and placing them in my pocket. 

"Yeah, can't help myself, I hope you don't mind." He laughed as he fell in step next to me. 

"So do you go to Kingston too or are you going just because I am then?." I wasn't sure why I was even talking to Simon. I never talk to anybody let alone complete strangers but there was something nice and open about him. 

"Yeah I go to Kingston too, I told you last night I'm not that much of a weirdo." A small smile played on his lips. It was the first time I really looked at him. He was tall and had dark long hair with hazel eyes to match. he had a slight stubble around his mouth and looked to be well built. I guess he would be considered hot to your average teenage girl. 

" Well thats nice to know. Are you new or have I just not noticed you before?." I asked snapping myself out of it realising I was staring at him slightly.

" I'm pretty new I guess, We  moved in two months ago, still adjusting to life here." He shifted a bit uncomfortably beside me.

This meant that he was one of the very few people in town who didn't know about Brody. Maybe that's why he was coming up to me and talking to me. He doesn't know. Of course he doesn't. he's just like everybody else. If he knew what really happened he wouldn't care about me either. How I hadn't realised this sooner is beyond me. I'm so stupid.

"Maya? Are you okay?" My silence must have concerned him. I was so consumed with anger. I know I didn't know Simon at all, but I just felt like maybe I was making a friend again. To me that's a huge step. I haven't spoken out loud to anybody apart from him since Brody. I just feel betrayed and tricked. I curled my hands into fists until my knuckles turned white and shut my eyes tight. I felt him put his hand on my shoulder and I couldn't help it, I just lost complete control of my body. My eyes flung open and I pushed him off as hard as I could. It didn't make too much of a difference because he's so much bigger than me which infuriated me even more. 

"Leave. Me. Alone." I screamed at him as I stormed off down the road in the opposite direction of the school. I know I was being unfair and horrible but I couldnt stand there and become friends with him only so he would find out the truth like everybody else and abandon me.

I cant handle anymore.

I spent the rest of the day in the park just watching the world and time pass by me. I watched parents feeding the ducks in the ponds with their kids and couples walk hand in hand along the paths. Old couples sat on the benches together and people walked their dogs in the fresh air. I took out my headphones again and started to read a book I had in my schoolbag. reading has become my life line as of recently. I loved being able to escape my reality to a world where I didnt have to worry about myself and my life that was falling apart around me, instead I could get wrapped up in an epic battle between good and evil and read the happy endings that gave me hope that I might get one some day.

It was beginning to get dark and cold so I decided it was best to make my home. As I walked up the street I was shocked to see Simon sitting on my porch. I walked up to him and he rose to his feet. We stared at each other for a few minutes until he broke the silence.

" I'm not stalking you again I promise, I was just worried after you ran off earlier and I wanted to see if you were okay." I couldn't help it, my emotions were all over the place today and I started to cry. Tears streamed down my face and Simon pulled me into a hug. I clutched onto his shirt for dear life. That was the first time since Brody that anybody asked me was I okay. The first time anybody how I was feeling.

 "I'm sorry, I know I seem like a crazy woman, screaming at you one minute and crying over you the next, Its just been a long time since anybody has, well, em, Nevermind." I cut myself off not wanting to go into details. If Simon knew the truth he would ditch me and I cant have that happen. He can't know what happened.

"Look its cool, I know what its like not wanting to talk about something that's bothering you. I got loads of homework to do so I'll talk to you tomorrow, yeah?" He smirked at me and gave my arm one last comforting squeeze before turning around and walking back to his house. I don't know what it is about him but I felt drawn to him. It felt like he knew me. I felt I could trust him. He made me feel safe. 

"Em, yeah I guess so." I called back to him and smiled to myself knowing that this was the start of a new friendship. At long last I mightn't be completely alone anymore.

I walked up to my front door and turned around to see Simon standing at his door looking at me, we waved and smiled and I couldnt help but think maybe its not impossible for me to have the happy ending I wanted.