38 | Believing The Cover Up Story

Between falling in and out of sleep, trying to eat a full meal and Tom constantly checking each and every injury on my body, our Italian trip has finally come to an end. I was pretty nervous, having to face Robyn's friends and family back on the boat home; they hadn't seen me since the wedding and I definitely look a lot worse.

Tom, Haz and I devised a backstory to why I was injured. We came to the conclusion that after the wedding reception I drunkenly decided I wanted to go swimming in the ocean and slipped down the rocks. It was a solid story, Robyn actually believed us before we clued her in to what actually happened.

The rest of the guests had left yesterday, so it was just the original bridal party and groomsmen returning home on the super yacht. My bruises had developed a lot more since they first appeared, my face looking black and blue along with my body. Despite the hot weather, I tried to cover them up with a light weight long sleeved maxi dress; it wasn't my style at all but Robyn leant it to me.

"Jesus fucking Christ girl, what happened to you?!" Robyn's sister gasped as Tom and I walked onto the boat.

"Fuuuuck, I was wondering why I hadn't seen you guys for the past few days," Robyn's little innocent friend asked.

"I took a fall down the rocks by the ocean after the reception... It's so embarrassing," I said sighing and trying to shrug it off.

"Italian hospitals are so fucking weird! I swear half the time I was just trying to translate on my phone like, 'give the girl some morphine' and they just didn't understand... But I was also drunk," Tom laughed, putting his arm around me and kissing my cheek, making me slightly wince at the pain.

We all went to our individual cabins to settle back in for the sail home, Tom falling back onto our bed and grinning at me.

"What?" I chuckled.

"They bought the story," he said proudly.

"If they saw the rest of my body they probably wouldn't have... They'd think you were abusive" I said sighing, moving to my suitcase on the floor and digging for my toiletries bag.

"You look like such a rich wanker in Robyn's clothes, it's so not your style," he joked.

"Is the little silk scarf around my neck too much? I feel like I'm on an episode of that shitty show Emily in Paris, I don't dress like this at all... It works on Robyn though," I laughed.

"Doesn't she use that scarf thing for her hair though?" Tom asked cocking his head to the side as I pulled out makeup wipes to rub against the heavily applied concealer on my neck.

"Yeah, that's why I look even stupider, I just want to stay in here the whole trip home and not socialise with anyone," I laughed, tossing the dirty wipes in the little trash bin and taking a deep breath.

Tom just laid on the bed watching me the whole time, smiling softly as I looked at him with a puzzled look. I didn't ask why he was staring at me, he didn't ask why I was staring back at him, I just turned back around and got dressed into my pajamas.

Grabbing a scrunchie and slipping it onto my wrist, I crawled onto the bed and sat cross legged next to Tom as he put his arms behind his head.

"Why are you watching me you creep?" I asked softly, pulling the scrunchie off my hand and tying up my hair loosely.

"I'm just so in love with you," he smiled gently.

"Shut up, you're being so cheesy," I groaned, nudging him with my knee.

Tom wasn't romantically cheesy too often, but whenever he was it absolutely melted my heart. I wouldn't say either of us were overly romantic people, yet we had our moments. He was the most bad ass person I knew, had killed multiple people and brutally tortured people; but seeing him all soft and cute was a refreshing change.

"No seriously, I'm just so in awe of you. This trip didn't end the way we thought it would and as scary as it might be for you, I'm proud of you," he said sitting up and looking at me face to face.

"It was scary but worth it," I shrugged.

"It makes me think of all the amazing things I'll get to watch you do throughout the rest of our lives. It makes me excited to get to share that with you," he grinned.

"The rest of our lives?" I questioned.

"I'm going to marry you one day, don't you worry about that darling," he said leaning forward, cupping my non-injured cheek and kissing me gently.

Tenderly.
Passionately.
Lovingly.