Chapter 5

This chapter is dedicated to Dreaming for Freedom for the beautiful banner of the right :D Thanks You

Mending my broken Heart

The day went on and on without the thought of going to class in my head. There I realized that I had not attended any classes for that day. I was determined to Mae-up for my classes the next day.

Last night Callista, Sadie and the boys had taken me to my room after we had bought some jewelry for us from the fashion district. We ate at a fancy restaurant and even watched a movie. The fun didn't last though because Callista had to go see her brother who was now sick not just tired

***

The next day I went to school and went back to my room tired. I didn't see any of my friends today so I was alone. I took a warm shower and brushed my teeth. After doing that I changed into my cupcake print pajamas and tied my blonde hair into a pony tail.

I opened my laptop to see who was online on Skype because I was terribly bored.

I saw my brother online and I hastily clicked the video button. To my disappointment, it only allowed voice call. Nevertheless the call connected and I met with my brother's comforting voice.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Landon."

"Hey Lyra, how're you doing kiddo?"

"Landon, I'm old enough to take care of myself."

"You're still my little sister you know."

"I know, so how's college?"

"Aren't I supposed to ask that?"

"Well, it's going well."

"Have you made any friends?"

"Yeah, I have."

"Really tell me about it."

"Well I, met the student body president and the popular girl. No they aren't mean. I also met two really nice boys who are best friends. They help me a lot."

"That's nice Lyra, I'm glad you found someone to replaced Zander. He doesn't deserve you much. You need some friends."

"I know, I have to go. I'll call you soon?."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye."

I closed the call and pushed my laptop down. I wiped the tears that threatened my eyes. I didn't let this affect me. Not that I was supposed to move on. Suddenly my phone rung and I opened it. It was a message from the S.C's student party organizers.

++++

Hello Peeps of West Side,

All classes are cut to 30 minutes each. To maximize time to get ready for the acquaintance party. No long, stuffy gowns please. The maximum length of dress in until the ankles and the shoes must be more than 3 inches and no more than 7 inches. No minimum for jewelry just look adorable for tomorrow.

Loves and Kisses,

Francesca and Paige

++++

I sighed and put my laptop on my desk. Then I went to the door and checked if it was locked. I checked all my stuff and closed my bed side lamp and fell into deep sleep.

***

I woke up the next morning still groggy from last night. I really didn't do much yesterday so that proved that I was such a lazy butt.

I rolled out of bed after the 7th ring of my alarm clock. In my attempt to shut it off, I knocked it of the table and it stopped clanging. Don't fear it wasn't broken at all.

I yawned and did some stretches then Dragged my lazy self to the shower. The surprisingly cold water made me open my eyes wide and shiver. I forgot which switch I should press. I closed the cold eater and let the warm water soothe me.

That was the start of why I was almost late. After I showered it took me more than 30 minutes to change and find and outfit. I gazed on my undamaged alarm clock and it said 8:30 AM.

I quickly grabbed my bag and started running. As I ran I pulled out my hair brush and started brushing my hair. I arrived at the school steps with 5 minutes to spare but I bumped into a guy. Is it just me or is it some weird fate that when I go to school, I bump into people.

"i'm sorry." I apologized that looking at the person.

"It's okay, no harm done." he said.

I looked up to see a very handsome guy. He was much taller than me. He was young but the bags around his eyes made him look older.

"Are you new here?" he asked.

"Yes, I am." I replied awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Caleb." He smiled holding his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Lyra." I returned his smile and shook his hand.

"Nice name, so where's your homeroom?" he asked me not even looking at me.

"Umm....mmmm." I replied uncomfortably. I didn't know where my homeroom was literally. I just knew how to get there. Like by an impulse?

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Uh yeah." I answered as I walked to the direction of my homeroom and unfortunately Caleb was still there walking beside me. Well not really beside me but you get the point.

I turned to him and asked. "Where are you going?"

"Well all the 2nd year homerooms are adjacent to each other." he replied absentmindedly clicking on his phone.

"Ohhhh." was all I said I walked to my homeroom, my cheeks burning a bit pink.

So I walked until I reached the door to my room and he was still there. Behind me to be exact.

I twisted the knob slowly and went inside. I also braced myself to the scolding i'd get from the teacher. But it never came probably because no one was there.

I looked at the chalk board. "CLASS AT ROOM 490 it read.I opened my mouth completely sure it was hanging down.

I turned to see Caleb gone and I sighed a breath of relief. I went out of my classroom and started counting the numbers. After a few floor later I realized that I had been counting down instead of up I was at room 100 with 390 rooms to go. I groaned inwardly and started the whole walk up again.