Chapter 2: Surprise surprise

----------Yo. Shout out to Alekdarwin for being the very first commenter on this story :D Y'all should follow in his footsteps ja----------<3

Regrettably, the next day all I could think about was Isaiah. Every time I thought about him I pinched myself, sort of like training a dog. It didn't work of course. By noon I was so frustrated I grabbed my jacket and left the house, opting to clear my head. 

I walked to the nearby cafe, ordering a really big muffin and sitting down with it on the corner, sulking. A waitress walked up to me, smiling and chipper with her clipboard in hand.

"Hi! I see you're enjoying that muffin." She said, and looked at me, blond ponytail swishing. I stared back, waiting for her to say something else but she didn't. 

"Okay, so..." I trailed off, and she giggled. I scowled at her, wishing she would just go the hell away. See, i'm not mean! People just annoy me and bring out the worst. 

"Can I have some?" My eyes widened.

"No! Go do your job or something!" I snapped, and she giggled. Again.

"I'm on lunch break silly! Can I sit with you?" I immediately shook my head, but she sat down anyway and I gritted my teeth.

"So what's up?" She picked up my muffin, and I nearly choked on my own irritation.

"Give that ba-" Too late. She just licked it. I snapped my mouth shut, glaring. She chewed happily, watching me steam. 

"That. Was. My. Muffin." I said through clenched teeth, and she just smiled.

"Sorry." Oh? She's sorry? I looked at my glass of milk, and felt an evil smirk appear on my face. 

"Do you want some milk with that?" I asked sweetly, and she looked surprised at my change of attitude. 

"Sure!" I grinned and took the glass, moving it toward her lips.

"Say aaahh!" She opened her mouth wide, and I dumped the milk on her face, watching it pour all down her chest. She shrieked, lurching to her feet and spitting milk out onto the floor. I burst out laughing, putting my hand over my mouth.

"Gross!" I heard someone say, and to my surprise there stood Isaiah. My laughter slowed to chuckling, and I resumed standing to my feet and brushing off my clothes.

The girl was giving me a venomous glare, one I had received many times before. I just smirked, and saw Isaiah looking at me from the corner of my eye. 

"You're dead for that!" She shouted, and I snorted.

"Right. Enjoy that muffin." I walked out of the shop, hearing someone following close behind me. Three guesses as to who that is. 

"That was pretty horrible." Isaiah said, catching up to me and giving me an amused grin.

"So was her stealing my muffin." 

"She was flirting! I saw the whole thing!" I stopped, looking up at him.

"You were watching me?" I asked incredulously, and he grinned again.

"Kind of. Say, we're already at the stalking stage and I don't even know you're name!" He said, gasping. I sighed.

"Darby. My name is Darby." 

"That's a ridiculous name." He said instantly and I blushed, glowering.

"Shut up! Your name is ridiculous." He just nodded.

"I guess. But i'm not calling you Darby. I'll call you muffin. Okay?"

"No! Absolutely not okay!" He just smirked.