Diary of Broken (Original Story of the EP)

He was walking alone that night. Without anyone, without street lights. Going to the direction his friend, or rather, former friend, directed him to, he shakes in fear but stood still.

The man named Hibiki Kurobu, a.k.a. Broken. He left the house at 7:00 PM to meet up with Muji Noritaka, a.k.a. Null for a special deal. Leaving his dear little sister, Miki, behind him, he enters the old HQ of their IT-based group, CCB (Computer Connection Brigade) at Kaizen University.

Broken made a deal with Null regarding the threat to his girlfriend, Mato Shimizu, a.k.a. Format. In the deal, Null will leave Format alone if Broken decides to come to the designated place and time to meet up with him. For the sake of his love, Broken agrees.

Slightly shaking but brave and determined, Broken opened the door.

"Ahh, yes. You finally made it." Said Null with a smile. "Have you decided then?"

"Of course." Broken said firmly. "I've decided to sacrifice myself, for her sake!"

Null laughed. "Even if that means...I'm going to kill you right here?"

Broken was slightly shocked. But he knew what to answer, even without thinking. "Yes."

"Hmm, wise decision." Said Null. "Don't worry, in exchange for your death, I promise to leave Format alone. You can even haunt me to death to verify that. And not just that, I'll keep this event a secret from everyone, especially Format. You can count on that."

With that, Null called two boys, Shido Kawaguchi (Exit) and Kondo Kioshi (Code), who are also members of CCB, like himself, Broken and Format. These two were Format's rivals in their studies.

"I think it would be best if I let these guys get their revenge on Format first. What do you think?" Said Null.

"Null..." Broken's heart was beating fast, but he said with ease these words: "...I accept everything that you will do to me."

"Hmm, good boy. Now Exit! Phase 1 - [Emotion]."

"Roger!"

Exit drew a sword and stabbed Broken in the chest. It was painful indeed. But Broken was still steadfast.

"In case you didn't notice, Broken, this is a sword we are both familiar of - the Great Sword, used in ancient times and can cut and pierce through anything. Now...how do you feel?"

"I.....I'm still okay. Heheh. I trust you." Said Broken with a smile.

"Good. Now Code! Phase 2 - [Embrace]."

"Got it!"

Code took the sword from Exit and cut Broken's right arm. Broken knelt on the floor in pain, but was still alive.

"So...you still insist on dying, my friend?" said Null.

"Of course. This way...I can protect her...forever..." said Broken, catching his breath.

"All right then. This time, I'll continue." Null grabs the sword.

"You two, get a sack!" Null said to the two.

"Okay!" said Exit and Code.

With that, Null goes for his shot. "I'm warning you - this one is painful."

Null grabs Broken's face and positions his sword near his cheeks.

"Phase 3 - [Expression]."

Without any other warning, Null peels off Broken's mouth. It was dreaded and bloody. But alas, Broken was still alive, catching his last breaths.