Trust

"Obi-Wan, I'm fine!"

"Anakin, I just need to know the truth-there isn't something holding you back at home?"

"No! Can I go now?"

"Fine, go ahead. You can tell me anything, Anakin. That's what I'm here for, I am your Master!" he called after Anakin as he walked down the front steps of the Temple.

Anakin held up his hand as he walked down the steps. "Yeah, yeah, I know." He turned around. "Wait a second-you said I could tell you anything, but if it's something bad, then you'll report me?"

Obi-Wan hesitated for a moment.

"Of course you would. I'm leaving, you can stop crying. I'll be back tomorrow," he said sarcastically, continuing to walk down the steps.

Obi-Wan touched his fingers to his forehead and walked back through the main doors of the Temple.

***********************************

Anakin had met Padmé back at home just for her to go to work. They had been using a switch-off theory for a while now, so someone would be there to watch the twins. Unless Ahsoka was there, which in this case, she wasn't.

He walked into his room and into the bathroom, looking at himself in the mirror. It had been a long night, with having to guard Ventress again because of lack of security there. A lot of times, the clones would merely request for one Jedi to be there during at least the night.

But Ventress was becoming weak. Because of lack of food, no exercise. She was locked in one small, lonely prison cell secluded from the others.

Anakin examined his tired eyes and heard his stomach growl. He hadn't eaten for hours now, and he really should get something to eat. He ducked his head into the sink, taking the glove on his left hand off and splashing water all over his face. Once he dried his hand, he slipped the glove back on.

Luke and Leia were still asleep, considering it was only 5:15 in the morning, but he knew they would be up soon. They liked to get up bright and early, like their mother.

"Trust your Master, Anakin."

"What?" he walked out of the bathroom and looked around the room.

"Trust your Master," it was Padmé's voice, and Padmé who walked in.

"You're supposed to be at work," he said sternly.

"Work? No," she said, walking closer. She had some sort of angelic glow around her, and to him, it seemed as if she was levitating. "I came to see you, my darling."

"Darling?" he scoffed. "This isn't you."

"Oh, but it is, my husband." she walked closer, tempting him to listen to her. She was manipulating him.

It was like the father, son and daughter all over again.

"Get away from me," he said. "Or you will pay."

"If you don't kiss me, I'll tell."

"Never. You're not my wife. You're not Padmé. You're a fake! Show me who you really are!"

"Oh, I'll show you!" she lunged forward to him.

Anakin woke up, sweating. It was another dream, like Padmé had. About their secret getting out.

He hoped these dreams didn't mean anything, that try were just supposed to scare Anakin and Padmé about the secret letting out.

Anakin turned over and faced Padmé in bed, and not to his surprise, her eyes were wide and she was sitting up in bed. He sat up also.

"Nightmare?" she asked.

He nodded.

"What about?"

He looked at her ad rubbed his eyes. "Nothing."

"Please, Ani. It might help."

He shook his head.

"Trust me," she said calmly.

He looked into her promising, cocoa-brown eyes. "Fine."

"It was just a dream. Similar to the one you had. About our secret threatening to be unleashed and known by the public. That's it."

Padmé looked worried. Anakin leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. "Go to sleep. There's nothing to worry about."

She smiled a little and laid down, turning the lamp off again and curling up next to him. He wrapped his arm around her, and in five minutes, they were asleep again.

Together, they slept in peace until the morning came.