waste of time

a/n: this was written in like 0.3 seconds so it's shit and i'm not really one to write angst but yeah <3

You sighed, waiting for Cobie to come home. She was late, again. She hadn't told you where she was and you were worried. For the past month she'd been staying out way later than work usually requires her to but you trusted her so you thought nothing of it.

Today was the day you were supposed to be going back home to visit your family for a week but you wanted to wait for Cobie to get back before you left so you could say goodbye as she walked out the door this morning without saying a word to you.

As you heard the door click open and then closed you released a breath you didn't know you were holding in. Happily, you got up from the couch to go and see your favourite person but the sight before your eyes made you freeze.

"What the hell do you think you're doing," you spoke calmly, making the random girl who was making out with Cobie pull away and look at you smugly. "Just having a little fun," your girlfriend shrugged.

"Fun?" you began to lose your peaceful expression. "Have you got a problem with it?" she raised an eyebrow at you. "Yes, yes I do. What happened to spending the rest of our lives together?" your voice began to break.

"I could have been doing so much better than wasting my time with you," she smirked.

You weren't sure how to react to this whole situation, Cobie was never like this. "Are you drunk or something?" you scoffed. "No, any sober person could see that I deserve better than some random girl like you," she knew what she was doing, she was playing with the insecurities you had opened up to her about.

"I'm going to my parents'," you scowled. "I'll be glad to finally see the back of you," she kicked off her shoes. "You're making a mistake," you told her. "How so?" she asked without a care in the world.

"Do you not love me?" tears slipped from your eyes. "I never did," her words broke you.

And so you packed your bags, and left.