Sparky Sparky Boom Man

Y/N's POV
As I finished up with my food, I decided to try my luck and ask, "so, I was wondering if any of you had somewhere I could stay for a few nights?"

A woman quickly replied, "my husband and I have space on the second floor of our barn if that would be of any use to you."

I turned to her and bowed, "that would be more than enough, thank you so much for your kindness, ma'am!"

"Of course, anything to help the avatar!"

Free food and a free place to sleep? Aang had been living the easy life.

Zuko's POV
I climbed after the assassin that I'd hired, he was staring down at Avatar Aang and his group, ready to attack; I clung onto a vine and right as he was about to strike I knocked him out of the way, "stop! I don't want you hunting the avatar anymore!"

I jumped in front of him, holding my hands out, "the mission is off! I'm ordering you to stop!"

He shoved me out of his way as he sent another explosion towards them. I ran back towards him holding a flame in my hand: "if you keep attacking, I won't pay you!"

As I punched my flaming fist towards him, he held his arm out and easily stopped me, I was no threat to him, "alright, I'll pay you double to stop!"

He shoved me off and went to send another explosion at them, I kicked him to the side, so he turned around and sent an explosion at me, I blocked the majority of the impact with my bending but he still managed to knock me off of the ledge.

I grabbed onto a vine and pulled myself back up, as I did, he jumped closer towards them and they all sent attacks back at him over and over.

As I reached the ledge, I heard a massive explosion and watched as his the assassin's metal arm fell beneath me.

I made my way over to the avatar and his friends, this time, they didn't hold their guard up like they were ready to attack me.

The avatar started, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks, Zuko."

Sokka interrupted, "hey, and what about me? I did the boomerang thing!"

I walked closer to them and explained, "listen, I know I didn't explain myself very well yesterday. I've been through a lot in the past few years, and it's been hard. But I'm realising that I had to go through all those things to learn the truth. I thought I had lost my honour and that somehow my father could return it to me. But I know now, that no one can give you your honour. It's something you earn for yourself by choosing to do what's right. All I want now, is to play my part in ending this war. And I know my destiny is to help you restore balance to the world."

I turned to the earth bender and bowed, "I'm sorry for what I did to you. It was an accident. Fire can be dangerous and wild. So, as a fire bender, I need to be more careful and control my bending, so I don't hurt people unintentionally."

Avatar Aang then said, "I think you are supposed to be my fire bending teacher. When I first tried to learn fire bending, I burned Katara, and after that, I never wanted to fire bend again. But now I know you understand how easy it is to hurt the people you love. I'd like you to teach me."

He bowed to me, I felt a smile form on my face as I smiled back, "thank you. I'm so happy you've accepted me into your group."

"Not so fast. I still have to ask my friends if it's okay with them. Toph, you're the one that Zuko burned. What do you think?"

She shrugged, "go ahead and let him join. It'll give me plenty of time to get back at him for burning my feet."

"Sokka?"