Forty-Five: Agreement

Warning: profanity

***

What was Damon supposed to do? Say no? To that face?

Impossible. Never mind that Damon also very much wanted to sign the heat agreement, Jun's rocky background notwithstanding. He felt a little hypnotized as he stared into Jun's eyes from such a short distance and said, "Okay."

What could he say, the allure of getting to help Jun through many, many more sweaty, heat-induced sexy nights was too powerful. Something about Jun just pushed all of Damon's buttons. Whenever they were close to each other, Damon felt like he was pretty much ready to be slammed against the nearest available surface and speared on Jun's cock all the time. He couldn't even pass it off as heat pheromones, because Jun was briefly out of heat right now, and his pheromones were back to the level they were at before he went into preheat.

As Jun excitedly stood up, tugging Damon with him and towards the door so they could rush over to the pack doctor, Damon ruminated on why it was that his 'low libido' thing had suddenly switched into 'extremely high libido all the time.' It was strange. The only time in his life that Damon had felt this sexually attracted to someone was with Malachi, and that had only lasted for the duration that they were together as a couple. The thought of sleeping with Malachi now made him want to barf.

Maybe it was something about Jun, then. There was something very reassuring about being with Jun. As if nothing Damon wanted could ever put him off. As if all Jun had to do was hold him down and all his worries would evaporate. Damon looked at Jun's broad shoulders and solid back as he trailed behind Jun on the sidewalk, connected by their hands, and thought that it wouldn't be so bad, actually. To give up what he had in this pack. If Jun were with him –

He would be okay. Because Jun would make sure he was.

The pack doctor's office was only a few blocks away from Damon's house. Well, realistically, pretty much everything in the pack was a few blocks away from Damon's house. It was a squat building that had originally been a small house, renovated into an environment suitable for medical care. Because werewolves were immune to most diseases, and tended to be very active, healthy people, the pack doctor wasn't a super busy man, as compared to many human doctors. He had a few assistants who took care of most of the work, while he did the paperwork and made sure things were running smoothly. He was also responsible for keeping track of alphas in heat – making sure they were visited by betas during their heat if they were alone, and sending betas to check on their partner if they weren't alone. The Season was the pack doctor's busiest time of the year, actually, especially with having to keep track of pregnancies.

When Damon and Jun went inside, they were the only ones there. Ava, Damon and Mark's mutual friend, was at the front desk. She was one of the pack doctor's assistants, and when she glanced up from her computer and saw Damon and Jun, she grinned slyly, knowing exactly what they were there for.

"Finally," she said. "I was starting to think I would never see you two in here."

Jun only blinked at her in silence. Damon awkwardly laughed while scratching the back of his neck.

Thankfully, Ava wasn't the type to tease relentlessly. With another small, mischievous grin, she told Damon and Jun to take a seat while they waited for the doctor. And, because he and Jun were the only ones there, they weren't seated more than two minutes before Doctor Yang came out to lead them back to his office.

Doctor Yang was in his 50s, and while he was aging gracefully, the stress of his job had caused a few gray hairs to sprout here and there. There were laugh lines around his mouth, and he greeted Damon with familiarity when he brought them back down a long hallway. Of course, Damon had known Doctor Yang his whole life. When he was little, he had annual checkups with Doctor Yang to monitor his development, and then later, when he presented as an omega, he had annual checkups for his development throughout puberty. He hated the pelvic exams, of course, especially because he had largely been sexually inactive for most of his life, but he knew they were a necessary evil. Doctor Yang had been the one to explain Damon's over-production problem, and he was probably the person aside from Jun who was most knowledgeable on what his privates looked like.

Doctor Yang was a mated omega, though, so Damon felt very comfortable around him. Still, the fact that he now had to come to the person who had known him from birth to talk about a sex contract was a little weird.

The office was organized chaos, to put it simply. While it was kept restrained for patients, there was also evidence that Doctor Yang had probably hastily shoved several files into neat piles to make space on his desk for them to talk and do business.

"So," Doctor Yang began, tone friendly as always, "I hear you two would like to sign a heat agreement."

Damon nodded, feeling nervous for no real reason. People did this all the time. What was there to be nervous about?

"I probably shouldn't be telling you this," Doctor Yang continued, something a little exhausted in his tone – and also something indignant, though not directed at him and Jun. "But the pack leader has come to me privately and told me to deny a heat agreement between the two of you."

Oh, right. That's what Damon had to be nervous about.

For one brief, blissful moment, he forgot that Malachi and his parents existed. He wanted that moment back, please. Jun's hand, which had never let go of Damon's hand, tightened almost to the point of pain, as if he was afraid Malachi was going to pop out of one of the closets and snatch Damon.

Before Damon could argue his case and convince Doctor Yang that he should ignore a direct order from the guy that controlled whether or not he was employed, Doctor Yang pulled out a piece of paper and laid it out on his desk. He signed it without looking at them and then slid it toward them.

"Did you know," he said, "in all my years as this pack's physician, no one has had the audacity to try to tell me to ignore my patient's rights and autonomy over his own partner and body?"

Damon held back the arguments he was forming in his head, eyes dropping to the paper on the desk. At the top, in bolded lettering, were the words 'Ganymede Pack Heat Agreement Form.' Doctor Yang's signature was already scribbled on the final line. Only two blank lines remained above it for Damon and Jun's signatures. When he looked back at Doctor Yang, the man winked at him and said, "I'm old. Sometimes I forget things my superior tells me." He rolled the pen towards Damon, who caught it before it fell off the edge. "And who can blame me? It's the Season. My busiest time of year. Forgetfulness isn't a crime."

Damon always knew Doctor Yang was a badass.

Suppressing a delighted grin, Damon signed the paper before handing the pen to Jun to do the same. All the necessary boxes had already been checked – Doctor Yang wasn't even going to bother doing a physical on them. He was trusting Damon to know what he wanted, and to be responsible for his actions.

Once Jun had signed the document, Doctor Yang made a copy of it and handed it to them along with a little packet. "Read that over at your leisure. Usually I would go over it with you, but I trust you both to know the risks of spending a heat together. Any questions?"

They both shook their heads no and stood to leave.

"Thank you," Damon said quietly. Jun nodded at Doctor Yang respectfully, which for Jun was the equivalent of giving him a big hug in gratitude.

Damon could only hope that Doctor Yang wouldn't get in trouble over this. Doctor Yang was the only certified doctor the pack had, so he was probably valuable enough that nothing would happen to him. The two walked out of the office less than fifteen minutes after they walked in.

Jun switched from holding Damon's hand to holding Damon's waist. Unlike when they were children, Jun's height now easily allowed him to hold Damon, fitting together like two puzzle pieces. Jun thumbed at the little packet they received while they walked and leaned down to whisper into Damon's hair.

"Time to study."

Then Jun began walking faster, pulling Damon with him, and Damon had a funny feeling they weren't really going to be studying when they got back.