Nightmares

Includes some angst and fluff.
Also some cursing.
Beware!

No one ever expected anyone to be outside the Slytherin entrance in the middle of the night. Probably because there was no reason for people to be out at 2 in the morning. But maybe they did. Maybe because that person had a nightmare.

And definitely because it was Harry Potter.

Yes, Harry Potter was standing ouside the entrance, sniffling slightly, tear tracks visible on his face. He was clutching his Invisibility Cloak, which he was wearing to avoid anyone questioning him. The last thing he wanted was to be interrogated by some concerned teacher.

The portrait did not see him. The large serpent had crawled into itself and fell asleep. Harry took a deep, shaky breath, and poked his head out of his Cloak, the silky material fumbling in his hands.

"E-excuse me?" Harry whispered.

The serpent started, shocked, and peered out of its body, eyes softening immediately as they fell onto the distressed head, which seemed to be floating in the air.

Then it said gently, "Another nightmare, dear?"

The portrait was very used to this situation, where Harry Potter would come in the middle of the night, wracked with fears and sobs, telling passwords that the snake assumed was from.....
Anyway, even though sometimes he didn't know the code to get in, the gentle reptile would swing open for him anyway, since he would be too upset and tired to go back to his own dormitory.

The boy nodded his head, pulling the Cloak off his body to reveal small, blue striped pyjamas, a nightgown thrown hastily over his shoulders.

"Is it Serpent tongue?" The tiny wizard asked, now shivering from the cold. He wanted to get in as soon as possible, and was afraid that the words he spoke wasn't the actual password. For it was the password a few weeks ago.

The deep green scaled snake shook its head, "Sorry, dear, that was the password from before Halloween. It has changed now."

Harry's heart dropped slightly. Shit! Now what?
The thoughts enveloped him, swarming his head like bumblebees, blocking his vision.

But Harry was interrupted from the train of ponders when a voice in front of him piped up,
"That does not matter. He is awake now."

He looked up. The door to the Slytherin common room was adjacent, and the reptile inhabiting the portrait smiled, gesturing with its long pointy tail inside.

Harry gave it a small smile, his heart now rising up to his chest again.
He mouthed, "Thanks very much." and step into the entrance, which was dark and cool.

He had gotten used to the common room, which was sleek and tidy, black armchairs around the room, random portraits and billboards up on the walls, and a green light possessing the room, from the Black Lake above.

But those things weren't the first he saw in the room.

No, he saw Draco Malfoy.

He was pacing around the room, head down, mumbling something under his breath. He was wearing a white polo shirt, not purely white from being used too much, with dark blue jeans and a black nightgown over his clothing, completing the look nicely.

His face looked normal, there seemed nothing wrong with it. If you excluded that his grey eyes were looking around, pale features scrunched up, hands fumbling.

Harry cringed. He hated seeing Draco like this. He was his boyfriend, after all.

Malfoy looked up, towards the entrance, and froze.
Stopping in his tracks completely, he looked towards Harry.