t w o ✧ h i m

calum and i got closer since the movies. michael and i also. the only difference was calum acted like my best friend and michael only acted civil. i hadn't seen ashton since, but i pretended like that didn't take up my mind.

calum and i texted a lot. i really liked him, but i wouldn't dare let myself say so out loud.

i was laying on my bed with music blaring through my pink speakers. i would tell anyone they were my mum's if i had to. she thinks i accidentally bought the pink speakers instead of the black. when she said i could just take them back for the black, i said it was fine and i didn't mind. it wasn't an accident, i really liked pink.

i couldn't hear anything except the music and my voice. please don't go by mike posner was playing. i was belting out the lyrics as if i was performing on stage. as far as i was concerned, only my mum was home.

"whoa, you're good."

i sat up really fast and looked to calum standing in my doorway. i must have looked as mortified as i felt.

"no you sound really good, bro," he gave me a wide smile and stuffed his hands in his front pockets.

"th-thanks," i mumbled out, bringing my hand to rub the back of my neck on instinct.

he stood there for a second before coming and sitting next to me on the bed.

"i really meant it, you could make something of yourself with that voice."

i nudged him with my shoulder and smiled a little.

he smiled back. then he seemed to remember something, "oh, i came here for maths homework. either you could help me or we could get liz to help."

i looked over to the doorway of my room to see his book bag on the floor. i guess i didn't see it before because i was singing.

"yeah okay i'll help you."

"great, because i don't understand algebra at all."

i smiled small at him as he got up to grab his bag. i was lucky to have a maths teacher as a mum. i was currently taking a year eleven maths class while all my fellow year tens were taking the class they should. it kind of sucked actually, because i am shit at geometry and i'm not friends with any of the year elevens in my class.

-

we finished calum's maths homework and i did mine in between helping him. calum closed his notebook and groaned before falling with his chest on my lap.

i chuckled at him and pet his hair.

"i'm not a dog, luke," he mumbled into my bed.

i laughed more than a chuckle. calum rolled over and smiled at me.

his face fell for a second, "luke?"

"yeah," i trailed off nervously.

"what actually happened at the movies a couple weeks ago?"

i gulped nervously. this wasn't the first time calum had asked me about it. when we were walking in to the movies he asked, but i said nothing and the subject was dropped.

i knew calum wanted to know the truth and i knew it's not like i couldn't trust him. i just didn't want him to pick his footie friends over me. if it came down to picking me over beef-head, why would calum pick me?

i was reluctant to reply, "it was just some of your footie friends messing with me."

calum didn't make a move just asked, "who was the kid that was with you when i came out of the theater?"