Chapter 7: Meeting of an Old Friend

Ichigo woke up in an archetype surroundings; his inner world. He then saw an old man in black, who was standing in a black sword. "Zangetsu" he said

"We meet again Ichigo" Zangetsu replied

"What I saw, was that real?"

"Yes, it was a resonance. Two zanpakutos had resonated with one another thus allowing to reveal the past"

"Then?..."

"Yes, it was the indisputable truth"

"You mean, just because they have the same zanpakuto, one has to die? That's absurd! Why do they have to do that?" Ichigo asked him angrily

"That's how it was always been" Zangetsu replied while he jumped down from the sword he was standing and then walked his way to Ichigo.

"The laws that were sacred and revered is mostly for preserving the balance between the worlds" he continued.

"How about the feelings of other people, don't they care about that?"

"Don't joke around Ichigo. For us, those feelings shouldn't be important but instead the importance of the world should be. Think about it, isn't it the same in your world too? The heart of a human is nothing but weak. It tends to side with darkness, when hope is lost"

"No, that's where you're wrong! Toshiro isn't like how you describe just now"

"Oh and why do you think so?"

"Because..." Ichigo lowered his head and recalled his past

"When I was young, I used to see the world now just like he did" he continued.

-Flashback-

Young Ichigo run towards the river bank, only to be stopped by his mother.

"Stop Ichigo. Don't!" his mother then ran after him.

Moments later, Ichigo found himself lying down the grass, he then gasped at his mother's embrace wherein he saw her covered in blood.

-End of Flashback-

"After my mother died, I have bottled up so many emotions inside of me. I felt like I was drowning because of it. I thought back then, it was alright as this was supposedly my own burden to carry but what I didn't know and realize was that I was already hurting the people around me"

-Flashback-

Young Ichigo was seen watching the sunset by the side of the river, holding unto the straps of his backpack, he squat down and looked at his reflection in the river sadly.

Moments later, young Karin and Yuzu alongside their father came. Karin and Yuzu was running down the stairs and as they arrived behind Ichigo, they were panting. Ichigo looked at them and waved hello while forcing a smile.

-End of Flashback-

"He too have the same eyes that I have back there"

-Flashback-

Toshiro charged at Ichigo and as soon as their swords clashed, he muttered sadly "Please"

-End of Flashback-

"He's trying to carry all of his burdens alone" then with that a realization had hit Ichigo

"I see" Zangetsu looked at him in wonder as he said that. Ichigo stood up behind Zangetsu and spoke once more, "That's it, now I know what he's really trying to do. Arigatou (Thank you) Zangetsu"

He then ran forward, as he was doing so Zangetsu spoke "Don't fret now, once you've seen the truth" and with that he returned to his sword form. "Go Ichigo!"