Another crewmate?

Impostor's POV

I was hiding in a vent in Navigation since they came into the spaceship they called the Skeld. One of my kind had sabotaged the lighting so it would be pitch dark and extremely hard to see for humans. Among us, I was the one who knew the most how humans acted so I knew my target would be easy-peasy.

I had heard Black talking to White earlier, apparently he was the leader and the first one seemed quiet and shy.

"How is the mission going?". The captain had asked Black earlier before, to what Black replied with a simple thumbs up. "When you finish fixing wiring go right away to complete your next mission." He seemed like he was about to leave but he doubted."And black...be safe." Black turned his helmet towards him and decided to speak for the first time.

"You too. Leader". He answered, his voice tone cold.

Instantly, I realized that both were good friends and probably both of them had fought about the title to be the leader. Maybe they hadn't even discussed about it, but I could feel the tension in the air, in addition to their emotions, heart rate, body temperature and other characteristics of humans.

Black was perfect, if White was the leader it would mean he would never suspect of his beloved friend. Such a pity for Black, he had left just one wire to connect when the lights turn off. I didn't need feeding yet, and I needed his clothes clean and tidy, so I slowly went out of the vent, grabbed him by the neck and squished it. He didn't make a sound which made things even easier, and I hide the body in the vent so I could eat it when I was feeling hungry and also that way no one would suspect he was missing. The only thing I had to deal with was the rotten smell it would have, but I I knew my fellas would finish with him before I even get to taste it.

Unless an engineer went into the vents, which are too heavy for any crewmate to pull up. Only the engineers have gloves with a little more strength that allows them to open them, but the air feels even heavier there and can't remain for too long.

So the the engineers are next, I just have to discovered who they are.

As fast as I could I got Black clothes on, just as the lights turn on again.
I looked at the guy but I felt nothing, he wasn't one of us, so I didn't care. Sometimes I wondered if having studying humans actions and personalities for such a long time was making me understand them, or even worse feeling like them. Although, after I killed one of them that weird and annoying feeling always fade away.

I didn't finish Black's task, after all it would have be already done by now and he would be somewhere else completing another mission, so I could tell someone sabotaged it.

I ran to Electrical, acting calmly as Black would be and I notice I'm not the last one to arrive. Common crewmates who are slowly than our kind and couldn't see in the dark appear way later than us, making them look suspicious.

"I apologize for arriving late, I couldn't manage to get my lantern out of my bag, it was too dark." Green said, and I could tell he was afraid.

I was standing next to Orange and yellow, White was in front of me, and we were all forming a circle where I could recognize the other ones that where of my kind.

"It's ok, Green." White answered with a serious voice tone. "Cyan and I already fixed the problem, it seemed like the wires had some kind of malfunction. Well, that's what we thought at first but actually it looks intencional. Someone disconnected them so the lights would turn off." He said. "So call the rest of us we'll have to press the emerg..." He couldn't finish the sentence because a loud alarm started sounding. "Everyone to the Cafeteria, now!" He screamed.

We all ran to the Cafeteria.

They thought they could beat us with this silly meetings.

But they were wrong.

The murders had just started.

•••

New chapter!
If you are reading this leave a comment and tell me what you think!
♥♥
I always play with the banana yellow or baby pink in among us.
Being impostor is the coolest!
Do you get to be the impostor usually, or you are more of the crew side?