Forty Two

Instilled with many virtuous traits and few vices that a human being can't escape, Gita was more on the virtuous side, the good part of the realm. The biggest reason why innocence and kindness stays with people like Gita is because they don't have the vice that will be the cause of the doom. All of Gita's vice is forgivable because she doesn't possess the biggest one of them all : Ego.
She might be a lot of things : people pleaser, a diplomat and naive but she didn't carry the slightest of ego. Her Ego never came in between forgiving people or asking them for forgiveness. 

Gita felt the need to apologise to Anand and she was gracious enough to do so in the car after the party. Like he had said, the people at the party didn't make her feel uncomfortable. The host couple was so warm to her and praise her for the award vehemently. The women at this party were less malicious about her simple dressing style and didn't look down at her for not wearing diamonds or gold, a bright shining ring. But her 'khadoos' husband was away from her the entire time. He left her with the couple and few others after the introduction and was probably angry over her tantrum the entire time. Even now when she apologised, he just hummed and continued on his phone texting hurriedly. She understood he was busy when he was on calls at home. The only usual thing he did was cuddle with her as he slept and no words were exchanged.

Sometimes, she wondered how can he be okay to not talk about his feelings. He was like a infant. With him, she just had to assume what he is feeling because he doesn't speak or express much. But even infants express their pleasure or displeasure. So her husband is worse than an infant, may be a rock. Yes, he is like a rock! Her useless analogies were done at the office table where instead of correcting the assignments, she was busy drawing comparisons of her husband.

Their relationship had definitely evolved from the time of their engagement. He is softer to her, trying to make efforts to bring her gifts for his absence at times, she has finally learnt good cooking from him and both loves their little planting sessions on Sunday mornings, getting their hands in the mud. But some things are still the same...he still doesn't like when someone messes with his business or anything related to it, he has to have everything in order, hates indiscipline and disobedience.

'He was definitely a strict principal in his last life.' Gita was still drawing useless conclusions but shook her head and was back to work.

It's been ten days since the party and he was back to his old self just busier. Surprisingly, even his assistants, Priti and Prakash had dropped by on few days, which was a rare instance since they never showed up at their home. This must be a very important deal they must be working on. She just offered Priti and Prakash for dinner when they politely declined and has their own food. She knew they were professionals and Anand wouldn't appreciate his employees having lunch here but Gita wasn't someone who had let people go hungry from her home. She insisted that on their next visit they must have dinner with Anand and her.

Finally, their came a day where his extra busy schedule was over! For this particular project, he had postponed the honeymoon, was unavailable to a lot of events and family gatherings and rarely had time to play egames.

This Sunday, he was present! His presence was enough for her. His work had kept her away from him, his warmth and his time. She envied her fellow colleagues. Their husbands weren't as rich as her husband but they were definitely richer than Gita. Afterall, they had the privilege of having their husbands time. They went for movies, dates, attended weddings together and so much more while she just attended his business events at most. Gita just wanted her husband for some more time and not a money magnet.

Today, God blessed her with this wish and he even cooked her the breakfast and took her for a long drive in his Lamborghini. He even told her about what he has been upto in the past few weeks. He had set up his new base in Espognia, a country where they had no direct connection earlier. His new set up was all thanks to some Indian origin people there who were interested in collaborating with him. Apparently, they had good connections and were major businessmen there. Yes, when Anand is interested, he gets into the detail of things and explains you everything you need to know. He never invites his family home, but he had called Isha for dinner today.