Broken Wings-Intro Chapter

Author's note :

This is my new teen fiction that I'm actually excited about writing,so I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me what you think.I'm so excited to write this story,I have so many ideas and I'm almost in love with the main character Angel,there is a gif of her on the sidebar.Also there is a song by my favourite female artist ever Gabrielle Aplin,it's called Out On My Own,this song is sad and happy at the same time and it fits perefctly for this chapter.You should definitely give it a listen,You won't regret it,I promise. Anyways this is kind of an intro chapter,it's supposed to get you familiarized with the characters as well as the plot.

Enough rambling,

Don't forget to vote and comment.Enjoy!

Love,Bouch xx

                             ____________________________________________

"Stop drinking this goddamn shit", he yelled again, snatching the almost empty bottle of alcohol from her slightly shaky hands, emptying its content in the sink."You can't just keep getting drunk all the goddamn time, and ignore the fact that you're a mother and you've got responsibilities, god can you be sensible for like once in your life, alcohol will not get Jeremy back get over it." And that was the last sentence he spoke before she broke into tears, sitting on the floor and sobbing uncontrollably. Silence envelopes the house again, the only thing audible is the quite shh's whispered by dad in his hopeless attempt to get mom to calm down. All the same, the same old scene all over again, every night, he'd come home to find mom already wasted on the couch, it only takes seconds for the argument to start, and there they are shouting hurtful words, filling the space of the small cozy house with their loud voices, dramatically rising up every once in a while. Unhealed wounds are reopened and eternal scars are imprinted all the while the voices casually come to an end. It's the same tape being replayed every day, you know like when you press the "pause" button to go get popcorn, because you don't want to miss any part of the movie that is exactly how my life was at the moment, a long series of pauses. It seemed almost endless though.

But it wasn't like this, it never did. We used to live in this little wondrous daydream, where everything was perfect, your typical happy family, parents and two children, a boy and a girl, all together in the warmth of their safe shelter. It seems like a fairytale, right, but not all fairytales have happy endings, do they? That's the thing movies don't show you, they don't show how excruciating and searing life actually is, it's not all blue skies and shining suns, it is also murky days and agonizing battles. That's one lesson I learned the hard way. And the day our sunny dreamland fell apart, was the exact day when we learned that Jeremy, my brother died, in a car accident. He was only eighteen, so young and vernal, like the little flower that has just started blooming, but been ripped off its root. His death was the three-bullet Russian roulette that killed each one of us, slowly and bitterly. Its aftermath didn't stop just there; it dragged our family along with it. All that was left from the laughing and the good times was a sour memory buried deep inside of our hearts. It broke my mom somehow, and in a way did break my dad as well. But I endured the bigger damage, I was left out and not cared for, I became just like any piece of furniture in the house that you can easily replace. My mom took the easy way out and considered alcohol as her own escape from reality, and dad was always so hopelessly trying to stitch her up. But what's there to fix, if there was nothing left in first place? She became this dangerously cold hearted woman that turned into alcohol so that it can carry her out to the dreamland that once was reality. On the other hand, I drowned in something so bleak that always held me deep inside it. It's all just funny how my parents refused to move on and stayed stuck inside that exquisite euphoria and denied the fact that I was still there, that I needed them just as much as Jeremy did. They have ignored me completely; maybe because I was somehow the only thing that brought them back to reality, the ringing bell that woke them up from their daydreams, and they just couldn't handle it, they preferred mourning about their loss instead. Sometimes it gets me thinking, if I was the one in that car crash, would they have ended up like this? I doubt that.