Encanto? That looks interesting

(This will be in the first-person unless said so. Also will be using they/them pronouns :] )

I was looking in the town library, finding something new to read. 'ugh, there's nothing good' I thought. Tracing my hand around all the books. Read that one, that one, that too, that one just sucked. Nothing new. Maybe I should ask Dad for new books.

I go to pull out a book, but this folded up paper fell down. I think it was squished between this book. I pick it up and unfold it. A map? I thought. I fold it back up, and shove it in my jacket pocket. It wouldn't be good to look at it in here. I walk out of the library to see our little town. Everything looked so...sad. 

Ever since mom passed, it hasn't been the same. Mom was the most cheerful woman in the town. She kept everyone in high hopes. Surprised she found someone like my dad. She passed due to sickness, a little after Nicholas turned 4, and that's when the town kind of, well got depressing. But the little kids running around cheered everything up just a bit.

"I'm home!" I yell. It was only me(15), my older brother Miguel(17), little brother Nicholas(7), and my dad. Dad has not been the same since mom passed. Took a complete 180 personality wise.

"I'm guessing you were at the library?" Miguel asked. He knew me all to well.

"You know it" I answer back. 

We all had a gifts, we don't use them though. We had no reason too. The only time we ever use them is when we first get them, to see what they're like, or when the town is in need of use. Besides for that, we're just ordinary people.

"I'll be in my room" as I walk away to my room. I want to see what the map was. I get to my room, and sit at my desk. I open up the map, and start to look at it. "Woah" I say, "this place is covered by mountains." 

"What're you looking at?" a voice says.

I jump. I turn behind me, it's just Nicholas. He had recently just got his gift.

"Oh uh, just this map." I answer back to him. Maybe, just maybe, I could get him to ask dad to see if we can travel there. Dad would just say no to me. I would go with Nick to ask, but Dad might just say yes! "Hey Nick, come here."

"Okay!" he comes pacing over.

"You see this place?" I point at the mountain covered place.

"Yea!!"

"Do you wanna go there?" 

"Yea!! Lets go ask dad!" He says, grabbing my arm,

'Wow that was easy' I think.

"DADDDD!! We found this place on this map! Can we go there??" Nick asked, jumping in excitement.

"Hm? Let me see" Dad says, motioning us to hand him the map.

We give him the map.

"This place right here" I point. "The place covered by mountains"

"Oh! We've been there before. Of course we can go." He says.

"We have?!?!" I say.

"Yea. Very nice people. You were really young though. Nicholas wasn't even thought of haha." He chuckles. "We had to hide our gifts though. We were invited to see a gift ceremony for one of the kids. You made friends with the kid Y/N." He explains

"In..teresting. But we can go right?" I ask, I didn't care why we went there in the first place, I just wanted to see it.

"Yea we can. Let me just send a letter to them." He said as he was standing up.

Dad was going to use his gift. His gift was to make anything he wanted transport with a simple toss up. He can't control what he can and cannot transport though.

He goes to write the letter, and once he finishes, he puts it in an envelope, and sends it off 'so cool' I thought.

Now we wait for a response .

----------

OH WOW. IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE I WRITTEN A STORY. It's so nice. I hope you guys liked it and the next chapter will hopefully go into the start of the movie 👀. Let me know what you guys think. Love you and take care!!

Word count: 757

How I feel: Excited. I have the time to do this. And I will be on a roll with this story. At least until I can't figure out what to do-

Hotel: Trivago