ʙɪᴀɴᴄᴀ ꜱᴛʀᴀᴛꜰᴏʀᴅ

"ɪ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀᴅᴏʀᴇᴅ, ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ,"

Bianca said in a light voice. I had been let in by their dad for one of Kat and I's ritual sleepovers. "Where'd you get the pearls?" Kats neck moved back, in shock and I awkwardly leaned in the doorframe, Kat smiling to let me know she had seen me. Moms," she replied, fast, as if it was common knowledge. But at the same time, she moved more quickly now, and seemed to be a bit scared for her sister's reaction. She scoffed and whipped around to face her, And you've been, what hiding them, for three years?" I reached out for Kats hand, and she retracted before sighing, and grabbing mine, in a firm embrace. "No, daddy found them in a drawer last week." Kat's eyes widened, and her voice raised, "So you're just gonna start wearing them now?" Bianca turned back, her voice getting louder too as she responded, "It's not like she's coming back to claim them." Our mouths dropped open, and Bianca went quiet. It was silent before she added, "Besides, they look good on me." She played with them on her neck as we stood there. "Trust me, they don't." Kat stormed out the room, pulling me with her. I let go of her hand as I leaned back into the bathroom. "Even if those pearls are your most prized possession, it doesn't give you the right to defile you mother's name like that. And one day, you're gonna need Kat, and she's not gonna want anything to do with you, Bianca. You need her, your sister." I turned to walk away when she responded, "I don't need she-devil. I don't need to talk about my mother in any type of way. She won't hear it anyway." She chuckled bitterly as she added, "And I certainly don't need your advice." I walked away with my fists clenched. Their mom was like mine; I'd never had a mom, and she was the closest I had ever gotten to one. She was the reason I had turned out alright, and the reason I learned how a girl should be treated, something I had tried to teach my brother. I had learned one thing that night. That Bianca Stratford was a selfish person, and there wasn't any redeeming trait about her.

I walked into the room Kat was sprawled out on her bed. "What a bitch!" I laughed, hopping on next to her, "Yeah." I turned to face her as I asked, "Are you okay." She sniffed a bit, turning to face me with a nod. "Yeah, it just made me mad. Distract me, say something, anything." I nodded, thinking about what to say. "You know," I made eye contact and she gave me a serious look, fully engaged, "my brother wants to go out with you." She rolled her eyes, her body turning to face the ceiling. "Tell me something I don't know." I slapped her chest, "Hey! He's actually pretty nice once you get to know him, and really sweet. He's also really funny, and you guys are pretty much into the same things. Maybe, maybe you should at least get to know him! He seems to be really into you, and he'd be a great boyfriend." She sighed, staring up at the ceiling. She then turned back to me. "Really? He just seems like a player." I shrugged, "He does, doesn't he? But he doesn't really get girls. He can't talk to them for shit." Kat chuckled at me, "Yeah I can tell." She flipped to lie on her stomach, and turned back to look at me. "Yeah, yeah okay. If  I determine him to be slightly decent, I'll give him a chance. Go out with him, I mean." I mimicked Bianca's horrible guy squeal and she screamed, as I grabbed her, laughing.

--

"You crashed into Donner's car?!" I cackled as Kat did, in my ear. "Yeah, yeah I did, after your brother flirted with me. You were right, he's utterly horrible at flirting." I nodded, but then realized she couldn't see me. "Yeah, he's doomed. I heard a beep on the phone line. "Give me a sec, I've got another call on this line." She gave a slight, 'hmm,' and I pressed the transfer button. "Hello?" After a quick pause, I heard a voice respond, "Oh, hey, is this Y/n?" I responded, "This is she, who are you?" They guy added, "Oh, this is Cam." I sighed, "Give me a sec, Cam, I've got a call on the other line." He said okay and I pressed the transfer button again. "Kat, it's Cam." She laughed, making my face turn red. "Now I know, you're blushing. Hang up on me now!" I laughed slightly in embarrassment before whisper-yelling at her to stop. "Tell me how it went at school tomorrow!" With that, she hung up on me, and the call automatically moved Cameron to my line. "You little-" "Hey, are you back yet?" I realized he'd heard me, and quickly calmed myself down before responding, "Yeah, yeah I am. Hey Cam, how are you?" He said he was, "g-good. Yeah. You?" I nodded again, and then rolled my eyes. This is a phone, Y/n. "I'm good too. Is there a reason you're calling?" I heard a deep breath through the line. "I n-need your advice." I sighed deeply, realizing that he wasn't calling to talk to me. "On what?' My voice was light, with disappointment I hoped he couldn't trace. "On-on girls." My jaw clenched, "For Bianca?" I heard an um, and another deep breath. "Yup, Bianca. It's just-how do...how do you make a girl fall for you? You'll teach me, right?" I stared out my window for the longest time. "What do you mean?" I frowned, "What do they like? Um, what do you like?" I was still staring at the horizon, the sun going down, as I responded.