A Final Duet

TW //heavy derealisation. major character death- sort of. fire/arson.

— —
They have Clementine

Okay, okay , this is fine.

Tommy clenches and unclenches his fists.

Manifold is grinning as he waves the bottle, jostling her.

" Clementine,"   Tommy breathes. She stares at him, with those eyes, so perceptive and-

"If you want her," Manifold starts.

"You'll have to come with us," Niki finishes, sidling up beside the man.

It's a trap.

Tommy knows this.

It's a trap and he should turn away.

"Okay," He agrees.

______

"You see, you've been a fucking menace to this city for too long," Manifold monologues like a fucking idiot. "Terrorising the people, playing the hero. Playing the victim when things don't go your way. You're a fucking child, TommyInnit."

Tommy bites his tongue, rolling his eyes.

"You think you own this place, you think everyone will just suck up to you and do as you say, don't you?" Manifold turns to him, eyes narrowed.

Well.

Tommy tilts his head, smirking a little. "Isn't it true though? I'm pog."

"Stop with the shitty catchphrases!" Manifold scowls, "You think everything always goes your way? But not this time."

Oh my god , these kinds of speeches get old after a while. Can't villains do something original?

"Look, sorry for burning your building or some shit, maybe you should have fire proofed the place," The teenager shrugs, eyes darting to Clementine who swims in her bottle just out of reach.

"Stop, stop doing that. Blaming everyone but yourself," The man's eyes are angry, "You fucking set that building on fire."

"I didn't," Tommy protests immediately, frowning in offence. "It was uh-"

"It wasn't Purpled!" Manifold shouts.

Man, this guy has serious problems. Like major anger issues.

"Listen, you really need to let go of the past, you are like, stuck, in the first stage of grief. That's denial," Tommy says matter of factly.

"I'm so sick of you," Manifold glares.

Yeesh.

"Calm down, big man-"

"Don't. You left me in bankruptcy while you ran off to play families with heroes," Manifold points an accusing finger at him.

Damn. This guy took it personal. Like really personal.

Tommy winces, brows sweating.

"And you tried to kill me," Niki adds smoothly.

Tommy frowns. Okay absolutely fucking not.

"You were trying to kill Technoblade. You're literally a murderer," Tommy stresses.

Niki shrugs, "I don't take kindly towards threats."