A Child's Savior

• Dedicated to Sophie Deegan

AUTHURS NOTE.... WARNING! WARNING!!! Ok guys you can tell I've had a controlled assesment today can't you? I've written a death scene. I think my teachers are begining to worry about me... Oh well! XD You guys migth hate me on this one but please bare with me. I want to know your thoughts. Like? Like like? Hate my guts? D: Talk to me. :)

“Come on my friend’s time to save another one of our misguided children.” I smiled at my knife in my pocket. I know my plan. I know who I’m going to save next. I am the savour. I am the one that saves my misguided children. Kids on the streets need to be helped and I’m going to help them. I started to hear my friends talking to me again. “Make it clean and quick dear sir. Make sure you are able to help them more by making it quick.” I smiled and nodded to them. My knives are my friends. They help plan and pick my next saved soul. They help me build up my list of saved children.

I walked across Westminster bride and down an ally way. I knew London like the back of my hand, every twist and turn like a bobby that’s been on the beat for years. I began contemplating how to make it quick. The throat was an easy target but unfortunately it meant a lot of blood splatter. The wrists were a good place too, if you wanted them to scream out to the world. My children never did understand why I was helping them. I use to be misguided, child myself, but I got off my feet though. I helped myself!

“Shut up! Shut up! No memories!” I stopped and covered my ears as the voices got louder, telling me to get them help as fast as possible. Every child that is homeless is my misguided child. I remember what it was like, how the frosts use to tear at my skin in the winter. How food use to be a miracle to me that made me long for more. I remember every sneer I got as people walked by not sparing a penny for me. I remember the day I was saved and helped myself, not in my way of course. This way was special.

*Flashback*

“Please sir, may I have some change? Change miss? Any spare change.” Everyone walked by me. Everyone walks by me, I’m homeless you see, I ran away from home to be with my aunty. My Dad was abusive and I never knew my mum. He used to beat me whenever he was drunk, that was whenever he was awake if I was being honest. I knew where my aunty lived though. 42 Jansen Lane London. I loved my aunty. She was the only person in my family that cared about me, ever. So at the age of twelve I had enough. I ran away. I escaped my abusive dad and I started living with my aunty. She died though. February 14th 2009 my 15th birthday.

I still can’t think of her properly without a tear forming in my eye. After that I started living on the streets with the ignorant people that walk by.

I looked up to see a teenager opposite me. She had beautiful blonde hair, like me. Soft hazel, like me as well. It was brilliant. She looked like an angel; her blue soft satin dress complimented her hair perfectly. Small smart black boots protected her little delicate looking feet from the cold. I gazed at her angelic features for what seemed like an eternity. I didn’t notice her walk over to me. I didn’t realise she had her hand on my mine until she pulled me up.

“Hello, I hope you’re able to use this for what you need. I also hope it’s not too much.” She put something in my cup I used for change and then smiled at me before walking off. I noticed a small badge on her back before she went. A small butterfly gently settled on a daisy. It was from the all girls’ school up the road. I suddenly looked down at what she put in my cup to find two twenty pound notes. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I sprinted down the street and began my shopping spree for food. No point wasting this on clothes.

*Flashback ends*

I kept seeing her ever since then. Before I knew it I was getting visits off her everyday. Then I met her family, with a massive push from her. Before I knew it I had became part of the family. I learnt her name was Haley and was the same age as me. Her parents were cancer researches. They worked at one of the biggest companies. We got as close as anyone two people could be. Everything was going great! Until my 18th birthday, that day was when it all went down hill…

At the age of eighteen I decided to tell her how I felt about her the day we met and then. She hated me like that; she only liked me as a friend. I got Friend-zoned on day one. That was my luck. My heart couldn’t take it. It broke in half making it harder to get through the days near her. I began going out at night with ‘friends’. I started to become depressed and upset. She used to see me smoking or hurting myself, she didn’t do anything though. Never did she stop me or try and talk to me. I felt so ashamed. That was when I found my friend, that was when my friend starting talking to me.

That is why I help the homeless, so they never have to go through what I did. The voices I hear will never haunt them. The humiliation will never taught their every waking moment. The feeling of a broken heart, shall never tear their lives apart.

I was coming round to my destination so I compartmentalised all my thoughts to the back of my head so I could focus on my task at hand. I saw my child; she was a sixteen year old with long brunette hair. Her eyes were blue from where I gave her some money the other day. Her dark jeans and ripped hoodie hung off her frail body like a dead man in a suit. Her face was white from lack of sleep with a blue nose tip from the cold. A bin bag full of rubbish lay under her head as a pillow. I crept up behind her watching her movements, her breathing. She was asleep. Her soft fringe fell over her face softly; she looked too pretty to be out here on her own. She looked a lot like my love before she ruined me. “Do it already. Make it quick. DO IT! DO IT!” My friends were getting impatient. I had to move fast before they got me caught.

I got out my friend slowly wiping their blade across my sleeve slowly. No marks, no DNA, nothing. I will not get caught. I reflected the moonlight across her making it dance against the wall with ease. Covering her mouth slowly I made my decision on what to do, the heart. A quick attack there will be perfect. No mess. No pain. Quick. Just what my friend wants and just what my child needed.

The girl woke suddenly thrashing and moving around. I wrapped my knife hand across her breast and wrapped my legs around her pinning her in place. “Calm my sweet child, nothing shall harm you now.” I lifted the blade to her face making her stop resisting. With my hand I slowly unzipped her hoodie so I could get to her heart swiftly. My blade hand travelled swiftly down to her heart. Her breathing became rapid and quick. Her blood rushed throughout her body. Her eyes darted around quickly trying to see me. She won’t though, I won’t let her. A small sadistic like smile crawled onto my lips with ease. Then I began singing to her softly my voice calm and low. “With every breath you take, with every swish of my knife. I will find you there, and make you see the light. I shall save your soul, from the cold and dark. I see you here and now…” I plunged the knife into her heart holding her close. “But for now… I feel you leave my grasp to go far.” Her breathing stopped and I slowly let her fall back into the position she was in before. I stood up quickly wiping her blood on a rubbish bag near her.

Out of no where I hear footsteps approaching me. I was seen. I turned up the collar of my coat and sprinted away. “Stop there! Police!” His footsteps matched mine as the chase began. I turned down another alleyway climbing up a fence and vaulting over the other side. The policeman did the same, this time with not as much grace as me. He was further behind but he was calling for backup. I heard the buzz of the static in the radio and increased my pace. I had one advantage though. I knew these streets; I know how to get away easily. He had less of a chance. I turned right down Broadway looking for an escape. I dodged then leaped over boxes with acrobatic skill, but even the best can fall. I landed on my face skidding a few feet the gravel tearing my skin. Small stones made their way in. I stopped and looked up trying to see if they were near me. I searched around but stopped as I saw a small boy around 12 staring at me. I could hear police behind me running, shouting orders. They were getting close. I gave a pleading look to the boy as he stood up. He walked over to me slowly. He looked down on me; pity in his eyes, making his decision that I hoped was soon. The shouting stopped and I turned around to see a sight I never would have thought I’d ever see. My eyes widened as I saw her standing there. A woman with hair like mine and a strong stance, I couldn’t believe it was her. It was…

The end