final

they say that when things are getting serious, the passion and flames are starting to set off. but how can it be serious when they're already giving up?

new year prompt: an au wherein jin and byulyi were already sick of their relationship, but holidays are not definitely the best time to separate when everyone is expecting something festive instead of despair.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

playlist:

taylor swift - all too well (10 mins version)
taylor swift - i almost do
adele - i drink wine
adele - easy on me

▪︎▪︎▪︎

was it the thrill that died?

byulyi grunted softly, rolling off the bed as soon as the alarm rang, waking her up completely. realizing that she's alone in the bed, it surprises her that seokjin was already up.

but thinking about last night, he would surely get up before her.

another day, another fight.

their saga of misunderstandings has never stopped as soon as the year went in for them. their relationship was strong ever since 2017, everything was fine, all giddy, and there was nothing rocky at all. to their jokes before, it was funny how they never had a single fight.

but after that, everything became a nightmare.

as if it was a piled-up file, their fights became continuous as soon as the year progresses, never expecting that the smallest things that were once pointless for them became the highlight of their arguments. to her utmost confusion, seokjin always acts as if he had everything contained, even his emotions.

but whenever he'd burst out of annoyance, he'd get to say things that were once a problem for byulyi.

so everything became tangled and messy.

at first, they had the energy to fight for what they were trying to convey, but it ends up getting ignored and misunderstood.

it would be a huge lie to say if she's not getting tired. there would be a couple of moments alone in their silent apartment when she'll be wondering when they could break-up, since it's affecting them both, as well as their friendship circle.

she's sure that seokjin is tired too.

she keeps asking him if he's getting tired of it, but he tells her that he's fine with it. but whenever he gets angry, it will be a different reply.

now that the whole place is filled with mere silence and jin's rustling outside, byulyi can only sigh and wonder if she's already decided to end it, or if she's just as angry as she was last night.

but thinking about it, if she has been wondering about it for so long, then maybe she should already end it.

byulyi sighs even more.

she could only purse her lips, turning her alarm off when she realizes that seokjin had taken a peek inside since she's not even moving. licking her upper lip, she frustratingly turns her phone off.

"hey." seokjin whispers softly, as byulyi sighs even more, turning to him as their eyes met.

there's no even spark anymore.

"my brother asks me if we'll go to the new year vacation." he whispers, trying to see if byulyi will reply after their fight last night. "for three days." he speaks once more, since byulyi was never budging.

licking her upper lip, byulyi rose from the bed, whispering. "you sure we can go with them?" she asks him, looking at him dead in the eye.

seokjin remained silent for a while, as byulyi smiles weakly. "i don't want to bring a negative energy in your family if we'll just fight there, jin."