Chapter 55

Forewarning - I tried something different and put some more explicit content in this chapter than what you normally find in my writing. If you don't want to read it you can skip over it if you would like, If you did or didn't like it let me know and I will either write more of it or go back to the way it use to be.

Niall had been away for three weeks and this day had been particularly hard and he was the only one I wanted to talk to. I clicked his name in my contact list and waited for it to ring. I hadn’t taken the time to check what hour it was for him so I wasn’t even sure if he would answer but I tried anyway. It rang twice before I heard his voice, “Hello?” He sounded tired.

“Hi honey. Are you busy? I don’t know what time it is for you so I can call back later if you need me to.” I replied weakly.

“No, we just finished the concert so we can talk. Wait what time is it there? He asked concerned. “It’s after ten here.”

I glanced at the clock sitting on the bedside table. “A little after three.”

“Sweetheart, what are you doing awake? You should be sleeping, you have class in the morning.”

“I miss you.” I laid down so the phone was between my ear and the bed while I pulled my knees to my chest.

“Well I miss you too. How’s Riley?”

“Good, but he keeps asking when is daddy going to be home. That’s part of the reason I’m still up.”

“Really?”

“Yeah he was crying and wouldn’t fall asleep. He just continued asking for you.”

“Now your making me feel really bad for being gone.”

“We figured it out how to get him to sleep.”

“What did you do?”

“He’s currently curled up on your side of the bed, cuddling your pillow. But it makes me a little sad.”

“How come?”

“Because now I can’t cuddle with it like I normally do.” I could hear him laugh at the other end. “I smells like you, and makes me feel like you’re still in bed with me.”

I was on the verge of tears and he could tell through the phone. “Sweetheart are you okay?”

“Yeah, I guess I didn’t realize just how much I missed you and hearing your voice makes me miss you more. And school has been really rough lately. So everything is just coming together, I’ll be fine in a couple of days.” I wiped away the tear that had rolled down my cheek.

“Are you sure? I could have my mum fly over if you need help with Riley or something if you need. I’m sure she would love to come see you guys. And if you really need me I will come home.”