10 | contumacia

"Mysie?" Lee asked, groggily, rubbing her eyes as she got up from bed

"Mysie?" Lee asked, groggily, rubbing her eyes as she got up from bed. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

Mysie's cheerful voice cut through her head, "I am here to see you, babe. How are you?" she asked, giving Lee a tight hug. She was wearing a pink A-line skirt and a white fitted top, with her usual necklaces and her hair in two high pigtails. And at that moment, she looked really out of place to Lee, a pop of colour in her dark room.

"I am- I am fine," Lee sighed, disoriented by her cheerful attitude. She was acting as if everything that had happened, hadn't happened at all.

"I am good too. Come on, sit down. Talk to me," she said, pulling Lee on to the bed and shifting so that they were sitting side by side.

"What should I talk about?" Lee asked, not in the mood right now. She usually appreciated Mysie's upbeat attitude, but it was just too much right now. She couldn't bear Mysie acting like everything was okay.

"I don't know. Anything. Tell me about.." she started, "Tell me about Slane. What's up with you two these days?"

Lee knew that Mysie was trying to lighten her mood, to distract her. That her intentions were good, but it was still annoying her, and that's why she couldn't help snapping at the other girl, "What do you want, Mysie? How are you even here? Nobody is allowed to see me. And can you, for god's sake stop pretending that nothing's wrong? Because it is. Everything is wrong."

Mysie looked taken aback for a second, then said, "Woah, too many questions," making Lee sigh and rub her temple. "As for your questions, I am here to see you because I was worried about you, nobody deserves to be locked up, especially after all that happened, you shouldn't be isolated like this. And secondly, I am not pretending like nothing's wrong, I am just optimistic that everything will be fine. It always is."

At her reply, Lee started feeling a little bad. Here Mysie was, caring for her, and she was snapping at her and getting annoyed. How bad of a person could she become?

"I am sorry, I am just tired of everything," Lee whispered, her head hanging low as she gazed at the carpeted floor in front of her.

"No, Lee, it's fine. I get it," Mysie said, pulling her into a side hug and Lee let her head rest on the other girl's shoulder. After a few seconds, Mysie once again spoke up, "Anyways, I have brought you news, I figured that you'd like to know what was going on outside the room."

Lee gave Mysie a grateful look, and nodded, wanting to know, and the other girl explained, "Firstly, Slane and Caelum are both perfect, they rested once they were back and had been questioned by the elders, and though Slane is a little hurt, he will be fine too. Other than that, some gods and their kids are being idiots, doubting you. It's a big deal for everyone, losing Khayme, but it will be fine soon, they are talking about letting you out sometime in the next two days. But be prepared. They are going to question the hell out of you."